- 1 Useful properties of lime infusions
- 2 Lime tincture recipes
- 3 How to take it right
- 4 Contraindications for use
- 5 Terms and conditions of storage
- 6 Conclusion
Vodka with Lime is a homemade liqueur with a sweet and sour taste and a pleasant greenish color, where the presence of alcohol is practically not felt. It will resemble Mojito, since mint will be used in all recipes. The plus is that the added products have a lot of healing properties. All the nuances of making at home will be discussed below.
Useful properties of lime infusions
People have been using lime tinctures for a long time. The fruit is ahead of the lemon in terms of chemical composition useful for the human body.
Healing drink is called for the following reasons:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Accelerates the healing process for colds. It is applied inside and outside.
- Improves appetite and digestive tract function, food is absorbed faster.
- Tincture of ripe lime and mint normalizes the nervous system, if not overused.
- The fruit is rich in vitamins that are stored in the drink when properly prepared.
- Homemade vodka, infused with kaffir lime leaves, is advised in folk medicine to be used for anemia, pain during menstruation and to restore hormonal levels. Also treats skin conditions.
The tincture does not heal. All measures are only preventive, and with abuse, you can earn not only a headache.
Lime tincture recipes
Lime vodka is a great alternative to simple alcoholic drinks. You can also use it in its pure form, but the citrus fruit will relieve you of negative aspects. The vodka will turn out to be soft and delicate, and its taste will be almost imperceptible. For all the time, many recipes have been developed and each has its own flavor.
Vodka tincture with lime and mint
You can choose any kind of fruit for this strong drink. After sampling, if the taste seems very sour, sweeten it.
- vodka (45%) - 0.5 l;
- granulated sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- lime - 3 pcs.;
- fresh mint - 5 leaves.
A detailed description of the recipe for vodka with ripe lime:
- First, you need to thoroughly wash the fruit. Pour boiling water over with a brush to remove the wax and preservatives. Wipe dry.
- With a grater, remove the green zest without touching the white part, which can give bitterness.
- Put together with clean mint leaves in a glass bowl, add sugar and freshly squeezed juice of one lime.
- Pour in vodka, shake well and seal tightly. Put in a dark place for a week, shake sometimes.
- To prevent the taste of mint from interrupting the citrus, after 3 days it must be removed from the tincture.
- A sign of readiness will be the zest that has fallen into the sediment. Filtering is required.
Pour vodka into bottles with corks so as not to lose the taste of lime.
Moonshine with lime and mint
It will not take much effort to make a tincture from moonshine, but it should be borne in mind that it is better to take an alcoholic drink after the second drive with a high strength (above 50%). Only in the case of using fresh mint is it possible to lower the threshold.
A set of products:
- lime - 4 pcs.;
- strong moonshine - 500 ml;
- mint (dried) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- granulated sugar - 3 tbsp. l.
Step by step guide:
- Pour mint with hot water (not boiling water) and put in a water bath to steam for a quarter of an hour.
- Remove the green peel from the fruit after rinsing thoroughly under the tap with a brush. Squeeze the juice from the pulp.
- Mix in a convenient container (preferably glass or enamel coated) moonshine with prepared mint along with infusion, lime and granulated sugar.
- Insist in a place protected from sunlight for 3 days.
- Clean with a filter paper or a piece of cheesecloth folded several times.
You can immediately start tasting the cooling box.
Lime tincture on alcohol
This is a special way of making aromatic vodka at home, which is also suitable for rubbing the body with a cold.
- medium lime - 1 pc.;
- alcohol (70%) - 350 ml;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- water 200 ml.
Cook by repeating all steps:
- Remove the paraffin film from the lime with hot water and a brush.
- Pour alcohol into a 1 liter jar. Hang the fruit by piercing the top with a needle and thread so that it does not touch the liquid.
- Put in a dark place for a week. At this time, the strong drink will simply draw out all the aromas from the lime, and the vodka will turn light green.
- Drain off alcohol, strain if necessary.
- Add boiled cooled water with honey. An opalescent effect will occur when the vodka becomes cloudy.
Put the bottle in a cool place for a few days, the tincture will become a little clearer.
Tincture with kaffir lime
The fact is that this lime is not eaten in the usual way due to its low juice content and very sour taste. But in cooking and medicine, they found use for it. In recipes for tinctures, not only fruits are used, but also leaves.
- lime leaves - 20 pcs.;
- sugar - 350 g;
- water - 2.5 tbsp.;
- vodka - 500 ml.
Step-by-step preparation of the tincture:
- Rinse lime leaves under the tap and wipe with napkins.
- Add to a bottle of good vodka and put into the back of the cabinet for 1 month.
- Strain the infusion through 4 layers of gauze.
- Separately dissolve granulated sugar in water and boil the liquid. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix syrup with vodka.
After a few days, the taste will soften, but you can taste it right away.
Ginger Lime Tincture
This lime recipe will allow you to make a tincture of moonshine in half an hour due to the ability of ginger to quickly transmit a pungent aftertaste. But not only this fact allowed him to gain popularity. A certain piquancy appears in vodka.
- lime - 1 pc.;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- salt - a pinch;
- moonshine - 0.5 l;
- ginger - 20 g.
Algorithm of actions:
- Wash the lime thoroughly from the wax with hot water, remove only the green peel with a vegetable peeler, squeeze the juice from the pulp into the same dish.
- Peel the ginger, chop it with a grater.
- Mix everything together with salt and leave.
- After 5 minutes add honey and moonshine. Shake well and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Put a piece of cotton wool in cheesecloth and filter the aromatic vodka.
Best served chilled.
Tincture on dried lime
This liqueur on vodka with lime and mint is called "Limoncello" by the "moonshiners".
- mint - 5 sheets;
- vodka - 500 ml;
- water - 200 ml;
- lime - 1 kg.
- As with all recipes, rinse the lime with hot water. Wipe with a towel.
- Remove the green part of the skin from one fruit. Squeeze the pulp, and mix the juice with sugar, zest and water.
- Boil the syrup and cool.
- Remove the zest from the remaining limes with a grater, and cut off the white skin and discard.
- Divide the fillet into pieces, put in a jar, pour the syrup and vodka into it.
- It is better to insist in a cool place for a couple of days.
- Slight fermentation is possible, so wear a glove instead of a lid.
- Cover the colander with gauze and strain the tincture by squeezing the lime juice.
A delicious alcoholic beverage is ready.
Vodka cocktail with lime
If there is absolutely no time to wait for the vodka to infuse, you can make a simple Mojito cocktail at home.
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- lime - ½ pc.;
- vodka - 30 ml;
- mint leaves - 4 pcs.;
- soda drink - 60 ml;
- ice cubes - 100 g.
The cocktail is prepared as follows:
- Place clean mint leaves on the bottom of the serving glass, which must be rubbed. Crush a little.
- Add juice from half of the lime and cover with ice.
- Pour in vodka and shake.
- Fill up with soda.
Decorate with a fruit wedge.
How to take it right
This block will not describe drinking at the festive table, which is also allowed.
Known methods from traditional medicine:
- As a prophylaxis of diseases, 20 drops up to 3 times a day. For cleaning blood vessels, the scheme is different.
- You can wipe your skin with vodka with lime at home. The process will help remove stale cells by mimicking exfoliation.
- Some make hair masks to combat dandruff by diluting with a little warm water.
- The mixed composition with grated laundry soap is used in the form of compresses for arthritis.
This proves that the tincture has a healing effect.
Contraindications for use
In addition to the beneficial properties, there are also contraindications to the use of vodka aged with lime.
- pregnancy at any stage and lactation period;
- gastrointestinal diseases;
- in case of heart diseases, cleaning should be carried out under the supervision of a cardiologist.
Alcohol abuse can cause poisoning.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store infused vodka for no more than a year in glass bottles, hermetically sealed. Further, the composition begins to lose useful properties and taste. In order not to get confused, it is necessary to put down the production dates.
It is better to store mint and lime tincture with vodka, moonshine or alcohol in a cool place out of the reach of children and people with alcohol addiction.
Vodka with lime will help people who want to improve their health a little or just have a pleasant evening. Many recipes will be useful for the collection of moonshiners who want to improve the taste of their product.