- 1 Why gooseberry tincture is useful
- 2 Features of the preparation of gooseberry tincture
- 3 Classic gooseberry liqueur with vodka
- 4 Vanilla gooseberry liqueur
- 5 How to make 4 x 4 gooseberry tincture
- 6 Gooseberry tincture with currant leaf
- 7 Recipe for a delicious gooseberry tincture with lemon
- 8 Aromatic gooseberry and strawberry tincture
- 9 How to make gooseberry and raspberry tincture
- 10 Recipe for making gooseberry tincture on cognac
- 11 Gooseberry tincture with rye bread according to an old recipe
- 12 Polish gooseberry liqueur with honey
- 13 Emerald gooseberry tincture
- 14 Storage and use rules
- 15 Conclusion
Gooseberry tincture at home has a lot of useful properties, it is easy to prepare it. Besides the classic recipe, there are other interesting ways.
Why gooseberry tincture is useful
Gooseberry fruits contain a large amount of vitamins C, P, pectins, minerals and natural sugars. That is why homemade tincture of them has the following beneficial properties:
- removes cholesterol;
- dissolves heavy metal salts;
- cleans blood vessels;
- strengthens the heart muscle;
- prevents the formation of tumors;
- is a laxative.
However, you cannot drink it if there is a stomach ulcer, colitis, or allergies to the constituent foods. In addition, it is contraindicated in children, pregnant and lactating women, and epileptics.
Features of the preparation of gooseberry tincture
A gooseberry tincture is prepared from fresh or frozen fruits. You can use red and green varieties, this does not play a special role. It is recommended to use ripe or unripe berries. A beautiful ruby liqueur is obtained from the red fruit. However, the most aromatic and delicious drink comes from fresh gooseberries. It contains all the nutrients and brings maximum benefits.
The raw materials are sorted out in advance, the stalks are removed and the spoiled fruits are discarded. Then it is soaked in cold water for 5-10 minutes, then washed under the tap.
Pure home-made moonshine is used as the basis for the gooseberry drink. But you can make a tincture with vodka, alcohol or cognac. Alcohol is pre-diluted to 40-45 °. The aftertaste is soft, there is a pronounced taste and aroma of ripe fruits.
Classic gooseberry liqueur with vodka
In the classic recipe for making tinctures, they use clean, unpainted good quality vodka, a small can of gooseberries and sugar. Alcohol is absolutely necessary without additives and dyes, otherwise the taste will be incomprehensible.
- ripe fruits - 300 g;
- granulated sugar - 300 g;
- alcohol - 500 ml.
How to cook:
- Sort the berries in advance, rinse and dry. Add to jar.
- Prepare syrup for pouring from sugar and vodka. To do this, mix the ingredients and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the gooseberry syrup and shake the jar well, close the lid tightly.
Infuse the drink in a dark place at room temperature for about 1.5 months. Take out the jar periodically and shake the contents. When the tincture is ready, strain it, remove the berries and bottle.
Vanilla gooseberry liqueur
A fragrant and delicious homemade gooseberry liqueur made with alcohol and vanilla. The recipe for its preparation is simple:
- Squeeze juice from ripe fruits.
- Add 0.5 kg of sugar to 500 ml of juice. Stir well to dissolve the granulated sugar.
- Dilute the alcohol to 45 ° and pour into a jar of syrup.
- Add a packet of vanilla and stir well.
Infuse for 7-10 days, then filter the contents and bottle. Homemade alcohol, prepared according to all the rules, is easy to drink, leaves a pleasant aftertaste with hints of vanilla.
How to make 4 x 4 gooseberry tincture
This gooseberry tincture takes longer to cook. It will require pure home-made moonshine of double distillation. You can try it at the beginning of autumn, but the longer it costs, the tastier it becomes.
What do you need:
- granulated sugar;
- mineral water.
Take all components in 4 tbsp.
How to cook:
- Pour berries, granulated sugar into a bottle and add mineral water. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour in moonshine and shake off the bottle. Then close it tightly with a lid.
Insist 90 days in a dark place, then strain well. Pour the finished homemade tincture into bottles and seal.
Gooseberry tincture with currant leaf
A softer taste is obtained with currant leaves and gooseberries. She has a special cooking technology.
For tincture, take:
- granulated sugar - 25 g;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l .;
- healthy currant leaves - 40 pcs.;
- ripe gooseberries - 65 pcs.;
- water - 4 tbsp.;
- vodka - 0.5 l.
- Boil purified water, put washed currant leaves in it. Boil for 25 minutes. Then strain the broth.
- Add the entire norm of sugar, lemon juice or acid to the finished broth. Then bring the mixture to a boil. Cool down.
- Pour the prepared fruits into the bottle. Pour cold broth and vodka.
Close the bottle tightly with a lid and insist the contents in a cool place for exactly one month. After that, you can taste it.
Recipe for a delicious gooseberry tincture with lemon
Gooseberry and lemon tincture is prepared at home in a 3-liter jar. For this:
- A lemon cut into circles is placed on the bottom of the container, along with the peel, and the sorted berries are poured almost to the top of the bottle.
- The jar is shaken well and covered with sugar, after which homemade moonshine is poured in so that it completely covers the contents.
- The container is tightly closed with a lid and insisted for 90 days in the dark. Then filter the contents through cheesecloth.
Aromatic gooseberry and strawberry tincture
A fragrant tincture is obtained at home from gooseberries and strawberries, wild strawberries. Its recipe is simple.
- ripe strawberries - 1 tbsp.;
- red gooseberry - 2 tbsp.;
- mint - 1 branch;
- clean water - 400 ml;
- alcohol - 0.5 ml.
- Close the bottom of the jar with sugar, add mint. Pour in boiling water, stir well to dissolve the granulated sugar.
- Pour strawberries and gooseberries in layers, add vodka.
- Cover the jar with a lid and keep at room temperature for about a day. Then put it in a cold place.
Leave the homemade drink for exactly 40 days, then strain.
How to make gooseberry and raspberry tincture
According to the first method, the raspberry and gooseberry tincture is prepared without adding sugar. Ripe sweet raspberries and red gooseberries are used.
- gooseberries - 2 kg;
- raspberries - 400 g;
- vodka - 1.5 liters.
How to cook properly:
- The ingredients are sorted out, prepared and put in a jar. Shake well to let the raspberries juice.
- Add vodka to the bottle and mix well again.
- Insist in a dark but warm place for 5 weeks. Shake the container periodically.
At the end of cooking, the contents are filtered and bottled. Store in a cool place.
- berries - 2.5 kg;
- alcohol - 1.5 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Sort the raw materials, wash, pour in layers into a jar, sprinkle with sugar.
- Pour the alcohol into a bottle so that it is 2 cm higher than the berries.
Leave the bottle in the dark at room temperature for 2 weeks, then filter the contents.
Recipe for making gooseberry tincture on cognac
The drink on cognac turns out to be very tasty and unusual. The classic recipe is taken as a basis, replacing homemade vodka with cognac. Ingredients:
- berries - 3 kg;
- granulated sugar - 250-300 g;
- purified water - 2 tbsp.;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- cloves - 3-5 buds;
- cognac - 1 l;
- cardamom - 3-5 pcs.
Step by step cooking:
- Pour the spices with brandy and leave for 8 weeks.
- Prepare syrup from water and sugar, cool and add to cognac.
- Sort the berries, pour into a jar, pour in infused cognac.
Remove the tincture in a dark place for 2 months, then filter.
Gooseberry tincture with rye bread according to an old recipe
If there are a lot of gooseberry berries, you can make homemade tincture according to old recipes. There are several of them, so everyone chooses according to their taste.
Method number 1
- Rye bread crusts are fried and placed in a 3-liter side with ripe berries.
- The container is filled with alcohol to the brim and removed to a dark but warm place for 2.5-3 months.
- After that, the tincture is filtered, allowed to settle and bottled.
Method number 2
- gooseberry fruits - 2 kg;
- vodka or diluted alcohol - 2 liters;
- rye bread - 3 slices;
- thick jam - 5 tbsp. l.
How to cook:
- Dry the bread for 24 hours at room temperature, then grease with jam.
- Preheat the oven, dry bread and jam in it with the door open. Cool the crusts.
- Sort the fruits, pour into the jar. Add dry bread, pour in vodka. Stir well.
Insist in a cool dark place for about 3.5-4 months, then strain and bottle.
Polish gooseberry liqueur with honey
The Polish tincture has a spicy taste that will please all guests. To prepare it you need:
- ripe fruits - 1 kg;
- fresh honey - 0.5 l;
- vanillin - 1 package;
- ginger - 1 pc.;
- vodka or purified moonshine - 1 liter.
- Prepare the berries and pour into a jar, crush with a mortar.
- Cut the ginger into pieces, add to the bottle to the berries. Pour vanillin there.
- Mix everything well and add alcohol. Infuse the drink for 4 weeks in a dark place, occasionally shaking the can.
- Drain the prepared syrup, and add honey to the berries. Close the jar tightly with a lid and let stand for another 14 days.
- Drain the syrup again and combine with the first, mix well. Filter and let it brew for another 3 weeks.
Pour the finished homemade tincture into bottles and seal.
Emerald gooseberry tincture
For its preparation, fruits of green varieties are used.
- gooseberry fruits - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- boiled water - 3 tbsp.;
- moonshine - 600 ml.
How to cook properly:
- Pre-mash ripe berries and pour into a bottle with a wide neck.
- Prepare syrup from water and sugar, cool and pour into a bottle.
- Leave the contents to ferment for 2 days at room temperature, then strain.
- Add 1 tbsp to the resulting juice. moonshine and let stand for a day, then add the rest of the alcohol.
Pour the finished drink into bottles and store in a cool place.
Storage and use rules
You need to store ready-made alcohol in a cool place, since all the nutrients that the gooseberry gives to the drink are destroyed in bright light.
It is necessary to consume a healthy drink for the purpose of treatment in its pure form after a meal or before bedtime for 25-30 minutes. A single dose - no more than 20 g. Too strong alcohol can be diluted with pure water or added to herbal tea.
Gooseberry tincture at home helps to cope with various diseases, but it must be used with caution. Like all alcoholic beverages, it has a number of contraindications. But everyone can make a healthy drink - it's not difficult at all!