- 1 The benefits and harms of red currant tincture
- 2 How to make homemade red currant tincture
- 3 Red currant tincture recipes
- 3.1 Red currant tincture with vodka
- 3.2 Red currant tincture with alcohol
- 3.3 Red currant tincture on moonshine
- 4 Contraindications
- 5 Terms and conditions of storage
- 6 Conclusion
Red currant (lat.Ríbes rúbrum) is a healthy and tasty berry that can be eaten not only fresh, but also as jam, compote or jam. All lovers of home-made alcoholic beverages highly appreciate the infusion prepared on the basis of these berries for the unusual taste and unsurpassed aroma of berries. Homemade red currant tincture with vodka is an excellent alternative to purchased alcohol, which, moreover, when properly prepared and wisely consumed, will have a positive healing effect on the body.
The benefits and harms of red currant tincture
It has long been widely known that Ríbes rúbrum berries are a real pantry, which contains a lot of useful vitamins and microelements.
Homemade alcohol, prepared on the basis of currants, when consumed regularly in reasonable quantities, will help saturate the body with useful substances and will contribute to the proper functioning of the body as a whole.
The main benefits of this homemade medicine are as follows:
- due to the high content of pectin in currants, this alcohol will help to remove all kinds of harmful and toxic substances from the body;
- its use will become an additional guarantor of protection against the occurrence of inflammatory diseases of various origins, disorders in the gastrointestinal tract;
- it has the property of stopping the growth of malignant tumors;
- regular use of this drink will contribute to the replenishment in the body of elements such as iron, potassium, vitamins A, B1;
- it removes excess fluid from the body, which, lingering in it, causes swelling and adversely affects the appearance of a person as a whole;
- Ríbes rúbrum has choleretic properties;
- positively affects the work of the entire circulatory system as a whole;
- has mild laxative properties.
Thus, the range of positive effects of alcohol from Ríbes rúbrum on home-made vodka, provided it is used as a medicine, is unusually wide.
With all this, do not forget that such a homemade tincture is alcohol, which means that its use may have a downside.
- At first, alcohol intake should always be reasonable. As a rule, in therapeutic doses, it is enough to consume 3 tablespoons of this substance per day. If you increase this proportion, then gradually a person may develop alcohol dependence.
- Secondly, you should not take homemade currant tincture on vodka for persons who have alcohol dependence, as this will certainly cause them to experience the so-called binge.
- Thirdly, such a drink is contraindicated for people who are prone to allergic reactions, in particular, to the berries themselves. For them, drinking the drink will not result in any positive consequences, but will only cause an allergy attack with all the ensuing consequences.
How to make homemade red currant tincture
The main component of Ríbes rúbrum homemade vodka liqueur are berries. Therefore, in order for the drink to be of high quality, the first step is to properly prepare them for the preparation process.
To prepare homemade alcohol, you must take fresh berry raw materials.
In order to prepare the berries for cooking, you must:
- carefully sort out the harvested crop and remove all twigs, leaves, unripe and rotten berries from it;
- rinse under running water;
- to rid the fruits of excess liquid, and for this it is worth laying them out on a towel in an even layer and waiting for a while.
In addition to the fruit part, it is necessary to take care of the alcoholic component of the drink in advance. To do this, you should use only high quality alcohol purchased in the store, or homemade moonshine.
In addition, you should prepare in advance the container in which the drink will be infused. Most often, ordinary glass jars are used for this purpose, which must be washed in advance, and, if desired, carried out the sterilization process.
Red currant tincture recipes
There are a great many recipes for homemade red currant tinctures on vodka. Such a drink can be prepared using vodka, alcohol, homemade moonshine, gin, brandy, etc.
Red currant tincture with vodka
A simple recipe for homemade red currant tincture with vodka.
Components of the drink:
- red currant - 300 g;
- vodka - 500 g;
- granulated sugar - 150 g.
How to cook:
- prepare berries;
- sprinkle them with sugar and pour these components with the specified amount of vodka;
- tightly close the can with the future drink, shake thoroughly and leave it in a dark place for 14 days;
- every 3 or 4 days you need to repeat the procedure with stirring;
- after a specified number of days, the liquid must be filtered using clean gauze, then bottled.
The homemade drink is ready to drink.
Homemade currant tincture with vodka and vermouth
- high-quality vodka - 1 liter;
- granulated sugar - 10 g;
- vermouth (dry) - 250 g;
- red currant - 500 g.
- pour prepared berries into a previously sterilized container and pour vermouth over them, shake the jar thoroughly;
- add to these two components the indicated amount of vodka and sugar;
- leave everything in this form for 14 days in a dark place.
After such an exposure, the homemade drink is ready. It is not necessary to strain it before use.
Homemade red and black currant tincture with vodka
- berries of red and black currants - 350 g of each type;
- granulated sugar - 180 g;
- vodka - 1 l;
- pure distilled water - 2 liters.
- put the prepared berries in a jar in layers, alternating them and sprinkling each type of currant; instructions to tightly close the lid and send the berries to a dark place for 3 days;
- after 3 days, pour the contents of the can with vodka and send it to a cool place for 90 days;
- after 90 days, filter the liquid using gauze, dilute with the specified amount of water and bottle.
Red currant tincture with alcohol
The preparation of a drink with alcohol involves the use of high-quality proven alcoholic raw materials. For this, it is better to acquire a food-like appearance. In terms of strength, the base should be 65 - 70%.
The classic recipe for homemade red currant tincture on alcohol
For cooking you will need:
- red currant - 700 g;
- distilled water - 400 ml;
- sugar (brown is better) - 500 g;
- alcohol (strength not less than 65 degrees) - 1 liter.
How to cook:
- boil sugar syrup using sugar and water;
- pour currants into the syrup;
- warm up all the ingredients over low heat for about 5 minutes;
- after the components have cooled, pour alcohol into them, mix everything actively;
- pour the liquid into a jar, seal it tightly and send it to a place inaccessible to sunlight. Shake once every 3 days.
The alcohol will be ready to drink in 30 days. It must first be filtered.
Homemade alcoholic tincture from Ríbes rúbrum using bush leaves
- berry raw materials - its amount is determined by the full filling of a 1 liter can;
- red currant bush leaves - 10 pcs.;
- alcohol - 500 g;
- water - 500 g;
- sugar - 500 g.
- pour the washed and sorted berries into a jar, place sugar, bush leaves on top and pour these components with alcohol;
- Leave a tightly closed container in a dark place for 90 days. On average, alcohol is ready to drink on the 45th day. Before that, everything must be filtered.
Red currant tincture on moonshine
Moonshine red currant tincture recipe:
- berry raw materials - 3.5 kg;
- currant bush leaves - 15 pcs.;
- moonshine - 5 l;
- sugar (preferably brown).
- put the leaves on the bottom of the glass container, on top - berries sprinkled with sugar;
- with such layers it is necessary to fill the jar by 2/3;
- leave the jar in a dark place for 72 hours;
- pour the ingredients with moonshine, shake everything;
- leave the jar in a dark place for another 60 days. Shake the contents about 2 times a week;
- strain several times and bottle before use.
There are practically no contraindications for drinking homemade alcohol from Ríbes rúbrum on vodka. There are only a few cases that clearly indicate that such alcohol is contraindicated:
- ulcers, gastritis, increased acidity of the gastrointestinal tract, liver disease - due to the high content of acids in the product;
- low blood clotting.
Terms and conditions of storage
Homemade alcohol made from currant fruits on vodka can be stored for no more than 3 years. At the same time, it is desirable that it be bottled in dark bottles and stored in cool places inaccessible to sunlight.
Homemade red currant tincture on vodka is a drink that has a whole range of positive effects on the human body, provided it is used correctly and wisely. Making a drink is not difficult, the main thing is to comply with the necessary recipe and stock up on time and patience.