- 1 Secrets of making tangerine vodka
- 2 Recipes for tangerine vodka infusions
- 3 What to do if the tincture did not work out
- 4 Features of the use of tangerine vodka
- 5 Conclusion
Tangerine vodka is an alcoholic drink based on citrus peel with the addition of vanilla, roasted coffee beans, juniper berries or other components. Depending on the cooking technology, both sweet and bitters can be made.
Secrets of making tangerine vodka
To get delicious tangerine vodka, you need to consider a few rules:
- Alcohol must be of high quality (alcohol from food raw materials "Lux").
- Choice tangerines, they are thoroughly washed.
- To remove the zest, take only the top layer containing the maximum concentration of aroma.
- The raw material is poured with the drink completely so that contact with air is minimal.
- Insist for at least three weeks.
Recipes for tangerine vodka infusions
There are several recipes for the preparation of the infusion. The basic principle is that the prepared zest is placed in a container, poured to the top with vodka and insisted in a dark place for at least three weeks. Next, you need to strain, add other ingredients (for example, sugar syrup) and let stand for a few more days. During this time, the taste will be enriched, and the aroma will become especially pronounced. The finished drink is stored at room temperature (in a sealed container) for 2-3 years.
Tangerine peel and vodka tincture recipe
The classic recipe for tangerine vodka is based on the following ingredients:
- fresh crusts - 300 g;
- vodka - 1 l;
- sugar - 3 tsp
- Take 10 citrus fruits, rinse thoroughly in warm water. It is best to do this several times to completely remove chemicals, wax and other contaminants.
- Immerse the fruit in boiling water for one minute. This procedure allows you to get rid of the bitterness. Although if there are a lot of fruits, you can get a zest from them by rubbing only the top layer (without the white part). It is in it that essential oils are present, emitting a refreshing aroma.
- Place in a container with an alcohol base, pour to the top, cork.
- Put tangerine vodka in a dark place and keep at room temperature for at least three weeks.
- The drink should be shaken periodically by turning the container over.
- Then strain and taste.
To do this, they are pre-fried and added to the alcohol base. After a month, they filter and get an interesting drink with a piquant aroma.
Tangerine and vodka tincture recipe
To prepare tangerine vodka, take the following products:
- medium mandarin fruits - 10 pcs.;
- vodka - 1 l;
- sugar - 150 g;
- cinnamon - 1 stick.
The instruction is simple:
- Rinse the citruses thoroughly, remove the zest from 7 pieces. This can be done with the help of a housekeeper, a special knife or a fine grater.
- Cut the remaining 3 fruits into small rings.
- Add all the ingredients to a container with alcohol, add sugar.
- Insist in a dark place for 1 month, shaking occasionally.
- Mix well and strain through several layers of cheesecloth.
It is squeezed out on the first day of preparation, poured into a container, covered with a lid and placed in the refrigerator for a month.Then it is filtered and added to the drink.
Mandarin vodka with spruce needles and juniper
Spruce needles and juniper give a "northern" or "forest" flavor that is somewhat reminiscent of classic English gin. If you add tangerine peels and citrus juice, the alcohol will take on a completely different shade. For cooking, take the following ingredients:
- vodka - 1 l;
- spruce needles - 1 cup (200 g);
- tangerines - 7-8 medium fruits;
- juniper - 20 berries;
- sugar - 3 tsp
To prepare tangerine vodka with spruce needles, you must:
- Rinse the citruses thoroughly to obtain a tangerine zest.
- Squeeze out fresh tangerine juice (100 ml), cover the container with a lid and leave in the refrigerator for a month. But if you don't want to get a vodka with a bright tangerine aroma, you can skip this step.
- Crush all the juniper berries with a rolling pin.
- Take spruce needles, rinse them under running water.
- Put in a blender and pour in a little vodka (up to a third of the volume).
- Chop until puree green (work continuously for 2 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients with vodka.
- Seal the container and put it in a dark place.
- Let stand for 3 weeks, shake occasionally.
- Then strain. Add sugar (3 tsp) and tangerine juice, which should also be filtered if there is sediment.
- Let it stand for another 1-2 days and start tasting.
Moreover, you need to cook syrup from it in advance. For this, the specified amount is poured with the same volume of water (200 ml) and brought to a boil in a saucepan with thick walls or in a saucepan. Then immediately turn off, stir periodically until complete dissolution. Cool and pour into ready-made tangerine vodka. Shake thoroughly again.
Tangerine liqueur on vodka with vanilla
To prepare this infusion, take the following components:
- vodka - 1 l;
- vanilla pods - 2-3 pcs.;
- tangerines - 7-8 pcs. (medium-sized fruits);
- sugar - 3 tsp
The recipe is as follows:
- Take vanilla pods and cut them lengthwise with a sharp knife. The more pieces, the better the contact with alcohol, the richer the taste of the finished drink.
- Wash citrus fruits, remove the zest from them.
- Get tangerine juice (100 ml) and put in the refrigerator, incubated for 1 month.
- Vanilla pods and zest are added to alcohol.
- The container is sealed, placed in the dark and insisted at room temperature for at least three weeks. Shake occasionally.
- Strain and taste. At the same stage, you can add 3 tsp. sugar and mix thoroughly. Then the taste will be less harsh.
What to do if the tincture did not work out
Raw materials can sometimes ferment during the preparation of the drink. To prevent this from happening, the peels, zest or other components are placed in a container and vodka is poured to the top, leaving a minimum volume of air. If some part has already begun to ferment, the spoiled raw materials should be thrown away and a little alcohol should be added.
Also, the tincture may not taste as expected. For example, too harsh, sour, or sweet. The fix is quite simple:
- It should be insisted for at least three weeks so that the zest fully gives off its aromas.
- With an excess of sweet taste, little by little fresh lemon juice is added and tasted again.
- If there is an excess of sour, on the contrary, sugar should be added. And if you need a lot of sweetness, then prepare syrup. This will require water and sugar in the same ratio.
- A pinch of salt can be added to soften the “harsh”, “heavy” taste. This is an unusual experiment, so it is better to put it separately, taking a different container.
Features of the use of tangerine vodka
Tangerine tincture can be either bitter (if you don't add sugar at all) or sweet (if you add syrup). Since the drink is diluted with juice or just water, its strength decreases to 30-32 degrees. It is inappropriate to eat such a drink with traditional products (pickles, hard-boiled eggs, bacon).
If the tincture is sweet, it is served with a dessert dish, i.e. after the main lunch. It can be used to make cocktails with different ingredients:
- mineral water;
- apple fresh;
- freshly squeezed citrus juice.
Sweet liqueurs are garnished with whipped cream, which can be decorated with zest, coconut flakes, cookie or chocolate chips. This combination is especially appropriate when preparing a beverage using roasted coffee beans.
The bitter drink is suitable as an accompaniment to the main, "heavy" dish, for example, boiled pork, French-style meat, fried sausages with potatoes and other side dishes. Vodka with juniper and spruce needles can be eaten with pickles. To remove a pleasant aftertaste, you can serve highly chilled fruit juice to the table.
Tangerine vodka is one of the interesting options for tinctures, which is not as widespread as, for example, brandy or horseradish. It is a “versatile” drink that can be served for dessert (sweet version) or with a main course (bitters).