- 1 Is it possible to insist moonshine on rose hips
- 2 The benefits of rosehip moonshine
- 3 Useful properties of rosehip tincture on moonshine
- 4 Selection and preparation of ingredients
- 5 A simple recipe and how to insist moonshine on rose hips
- 6 How to make a rosehip tincture on moonshine
- 7 Recipe for cognac from moonshine on rose hips
- 8 How to take it right
- 9 Contraindications and possible harm
- 10 Conclusion
Rosehip moonshine is made taking into account the fact that the fruits have a low glucose content, so a lot of sugar for the mash will be required. To make the drink without toxic impurities, it is purified by repeated rectification. The color of the tincture will depend on which part of the plant is used.
Is it possible to insist moonshine on rose hips
An alcohol-based base is the best option for preserving all the components of fresh fruits. For this purpose, tinctures based on moonshine, prepared at home from rose hips, are suitable. Double distillation will guarantee that the alcohol is pure, without toxic impurities. Then dried or fresh raw materials are added to it. The roots, flowers and fruits are used.
The benefits of rosehip moonshine
During fermentation, the chemical composition of the berries is completely preserved, but during thermal processing 40% of nutrients may be lost. Rosehip-based alcohol has the following properties:
- sedative - reduces irritability, improves the quality of sleep;
- bactericidal - stops the growth of bacteria and fungi when applied externally;
- diuretic - eliminates swelling;
- anti-inflammatory and antipyretic - helps to cope with viral infections easier;
- diaphoretic - removes toxins;
- immunomodulatory - improves the body's resistance.
Regular use of small doses of the medicinal product helps to lower blood pressure.
Useful properties of rosehip tincture on moonshine
In a tincture on moonshine, all the useful qualities of a rosehip are completely preserved:
- Ascorbic acid is necessary to enhance the body's resistance and hematopoiesis.
- Vitamins E, A, B1, B2, PP, K have an antioxidant effect, improve the quality of visual function, promote complete absorption of calcium, improve blood circulation.
- Calcium, potassium and magnesium strengthen the muscle structure of the heart and blood vessel walls.
- Sodium is essential for the normal functioning of the genitourinary and digestive systems.
- Phosphorus is a building block of bone tissue.
Rosehip drink is high in iron, which is essential to prevent anemia. This element is involved in the production of pancreatic hormones necessary for digestion.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Rosehip varieties do not play a role for processing: wild specimens and cultivars are suitable.
Harvesting and processing of fruits:
- Fully ripe rose hips are harvested from mid-September to cold weather. Berries do not crumble even during the first frosts.
- They are plucked together with the pedicel.
- Do not take fruits with spots and mold on the surface.
- For mash, the berries are cleaned of fine litter, but not washed.
- To make a tincture, the stalk and the dry section of the receptacle are cut from the raw material. Then the berries are washed under running water.
Harvesting and processing of rhizomes:
- They dig for raw materials at the end of autumn, when the berries are fully ripe and the leaves have fallen off.
- Take young offshoots of the current or last season.
- Root shoots are chosen 1 cm thick.
- For harvesting, you can pry the bush with a shovel, take the required amount of raw materials and return the seedling to its place.
- The raw materials are washed, the upper hard layer is removed with a knife.
- Cut into thin pieces 5–8 cm long.
- Lay out on a cloth, dry in the shade in a well-ventilated place.
- Stir periodically to prevent mold.
If you need a tincture of moonshine on rosehip flowers, the raw materials are harvested during the period of active flowering:
- Choose fully open buds without petals affected by insects.
- Cut with scissors together with the stalk.
- If you have time, you can only pick the petals.
- Raw materials are sorted out, low-quality is thrown away.
- Wash with warm water, spread on a cloth and dry well.
A simple recipe and how to insist moonshine on rose hips
Fresh fruits are used as raw materials. It is possible to obtain a strong alcoholic beverage without distillation. Fermentation time will take up to 90 days.
Ingredients of the recipe for moonshine on rose hips for a 3-liter capacity:
- water - 2.3 l;
- dry yeast - 5 g;
- fresh fruits - 2 cups;
- sugar - 1 kg.
- All the components are put in the jar, the fruits are pre-washed.
- Install a water seal or a rubber glove with a puncture on the finger.
- Placed in a room with a temperature of + 25-28 0C.
- When fermentation is over, there will be sediment at the bottom.
- The liquid is carefully drained using a tube, filtered through activated carbon.
The drink is not transparent enough, with a strength of up to 35%, so it is better to overtake the mash.
How to cook mash
Approximately 1 kg of sugar will yield 700-800 ml of moonshine. For fermentation, use a container on which you can put the shutter. It is convenient to prepare the base for an alcoholic drink in a ten-liter glass jar. Take fresh fruits or insist on dry rosehip mash for moonshine. The amount of raw materials is the same.
- yeast (dry) - 20-25 g:
- sugar - 3-3.5 kg;
- rosehip - 500 g.
- Fresh rose hips are not washed, cleaned of debris and passed through a meat grinder. If the berries are dried, then they are crushed with a coffee grinder.
- You can take more sugar than indicated in the recipe. To speed up the fermentation process, yeast is added at the rate of 5–7 g per 1 kg.
- The raw materials are put in a jar, sugar is dissolved in water. Dry yeast is added.
- All components are combined in a jar, water is added to the glass container hangers.
- Install a water seal or a rubber glove.
For the wash, create an optimal temperature regime - at least +25 0C. The process will take up to three weeks. The shutter is removed, covered with a nylon lid and allowed to brew for 24 hours. During this time, the sediment will completely sink to the bottom, it is separated using a thin hose. Infusion for moonshine on rose hips is ready for distillation.
You can save the bulk of the nutrients of fresh rose hips by single distillation, but the quality of the moonshine will be worse. To obtain a tincture on parts of a plant, an alcohol-containing drink is recommended to be purified by repeated distillation.
The process takes place in three stages:
- The first rectified alcohol - raw alcohol ("head") is distinguished by a high content of methyl (toxic compound). It is taken at once in a single distillation. If the process is double, then leave and collect at the beginning of re-distillation. This is the strongest part (up to 90%), about 10% of the total mass. When laying 3 kg of sugar, 100 ml of the "head" is obtained.
- Next comes the middle, the main part of the moonshine or "body", the whole process is aimed at obtaining it. This is a liquid without toxic impurities, but containing fusel oils, which will not be present during secondary distillation. The "body" is taken until the alcohol is reduced to 35%.
- The latter fraction or "tails" is characterized by low strength with an unpleasant odor. It is taken separately or distillation is stopped on it. Some advise taking moonshine with tails up to 45%, but this is wrong. The latter faction significantly lowers the quality.
Moonshine infused with rosehip before re-rectification
with "head", but without "tails" diluted with water up to 20% and distilled, take up to 40%.
How to make a rosehip tincture on moonshine
After re-cleaning, a self-prepared alcoholic beverage is suitable for internal consumption. Various parts of the plant will give it medicinal properties. For medicinal purposes, the root, flowers, dried or fresh fruits are used.
Rosehip root tincture on moonshine
The proportions of the tincture recipe: 10 g of rosehip roots per 1 liter of moonshine. The dry root will add color, the tincture will turn out to be light yellow with a pink tint.
Preparation from fresh raw materials:
- The root is processed from the hard shell to the tissue.
- Cut into thin strips the size of a match.
- Spread on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for 40 minutes. at a temperature of +1800.
- The tincture container is taken from an opaque material. They lay the workpiece, fill it with moonshine.
- Close tightly and put in a cool place.
- After 4 days, shake the contents. The procedure is repeated 2 times with the same time interval.
Infuse the drink within a month. Then it is filtered.
The technology is the same for dried raw materials.
On dried rose hips with honey
Honey will help to add sweetness to the medicinal composition. Ingredients for moonshine and dried rosehip tincture:
- dry fruits - 200 g;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- moonshine - 2.5 liters;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Rosehip is crushed to a powder state.
- All components are placed in a three-liter container.
- Close with a nylon lid and put in an unlit place.
- Shake after 3 days.
- Then leave to infuse for 1.5-2 months.
- The sediment that appears at the bottom is carefully separated from the total mass.
- The tincture is filtered through several layers of gauze.
Store in the refrigerator.
Rosehip tincture with pine nuts on moonshine
The composition of the medicinal drink includes:
- pine nuts - 1 tbsp. l .;
- moonshine - 500 ml;
- rose hips - 3 tbsp. l.
All ingredients are combined, tightly closed and insisted at rest for 1.5 months. Then separated from fruits and nuts, filtered. Leave in the refrigerator for a day. If a precipitate appears, filter again.
On rosehip flowers
After harvesting the inflorescences, the core is removed from them. Moonshine insist on rosehip petals.
- It is better to take a jar with a capacity of 0.5 liters, since it is easier to make a bookmark in it. The container is filled with petals tightly and completely.
- Add cinnamon and 1 tsp to taste. sugar, poured with alcohol.
- Close with a nylon lid and shake. They are placed in a dark cabinet and left for 1 month.
- Then the liquid is poured into another container. The alcoholic beverage is ready to drink.
Fresh rose hips
- fresh fruits - 600 g;
- moonshine - 1 l;
- sugar - 250 g
- The fruits are washed, dried, cut to the middle.
- Fold into a container, cover with sugar and mix.
- Add 0.5 l of moonshine, close tightly.
- Insist 10 days in the dark.
- Drain the liquid. Filtered and sent to the refrigerator.
- Rosehip is re-poured with the remaining moonshine according to the recipe.
- Withstand the tincture for 21 days.
- Drain, filter the liquid, combine it with the first batch.
Allow to stand for 5 days. When a precipitate appears, the mixture is filtered again.
Recipe for cognac from moonshine on rose hips
An original drink, which tastes like an elite cognac, can be made independently from the following components:
- moonshine - 2.7 liters;
- rose hips - 20 pcs.
- juniper berries - 40 g;
- oak bark - 50 g;
- ground coffee (not freeze-dried) - 1 tsp;
- orange zest - 1 tbsp. l.
- pine nuts - 100 g;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
- The zest and bark of the oak are crushed.
- Put all the components in a three-liter jar. Pour in alcohol.
- They are hermetically closed, you can roll up the lid.
- They insist for a month. Shake gently from time to time.
- The liquid is drained through the tube so as not to raise the precipitate. Let it brew for 7 days.
How to take it right
Rosehip tincture is classified as a strong alcoholic beverage. You can drink it only for medicinal purposes in the morning and at lunchtime no more than 30 g (1 tbsp. L.). Do it in courses, with a break of 1-2 weeks. To strengthen the immune system, the daily rate does not exceed 100-120 ml. The course of treatment is 1 week. Prevention is carried out before the outbreak of seasonal infections in spring and autumn.
If moonshine is used as alcohol during a feast, then it is drunk chilled or on ice. It should be borne in mind that the tincture lowers blood pressure. Reception in large doses has a diuretic effect, which can negatively affect the functioning of the kidneys.
Contraindications and possible harm
Rosehip on moonshine has not only benefits, but also harm (with excessive use).
The tincture is not recommended for use:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- suffering from chronic alcoholism;
- people with individual intolerance;
- with thrombophlebitis;
- with gastritis and duodenal ulcer;
- with pancreatitis and kidney stones;
- with liver disease;
- after a stroke.
Rosehip moonshine insist on any part of the plant. A large number of useful elements are found in flowers and fresh fruits of the culture. In addition to berries, the tincture includes additional ingredients (bay leaves, honey, pine nuts) that improve the taste and flavor of the drink.