Mandarin jelly is a common winter dessert. It will become a decoration for both festive and everyday tables. The product does not undergo heat treatment, therefore it completely retains all vitamins. The recipe technology is simple and does not require additional costs. Ripe fruits of good quality are used for dessert.
Features of making tangerine jelly
Fruits of sweet or sour varieties are suitable for cooking, the taste is adjusted by adding sugar or honey. The variety and size of raw materials does not play a role, the main thing is that the citruses are juicy, without signs of decay.
Agar-agar or gelatin is used as a thickener. Their preparation method is different, you must first familiarize yourself with the instructions for the substance.
If boiling is necessary during the cooking process, take a container with a double bottom so that the juice does not burn. For pouring, silicone molds of large or small size are used; for two-layer jelly, it is better to take transparent glass containers.
Before cooking, prepare the fruits:
- Tangerines are washed, remove moisture with a kitchen towel.
- Peel off. To make it easier to separate, pour the fruits for 3-5 minutes with hot water.
- White fibers are removed from the surface of the peeled fruit.
- Divide the citrus into slices. If the variety is with seeds, then they are also removed.
Tangerine jelly recipes with photos
You can make tangerine jelly with agar-agar, gelatin, with pieces of fresh fruit.
Delicate, with a delicate taste, a dessert is obtained with the addition of sour cream or cream. You can use vanillin to enhance the aroma. If the preference is given to the natural taste of the fruit, then sugar is not added or used in the minimum dosage.
Mandarin Jelly from Gelatin
The following ingredients are required for the dessert:
- gelatin - 20 g;
- water - 1 glass;
- tangerines - 1 kg.
The recipe for making tangerine jelly step by step with gelatin with a photo of the finished dessert:
- The gelling agent is poured into a bowl or glass and poured with cold water; 30–40 minutes is enough for swelling.
- Tangerines are crushed with a blender until smooth.
- The resulting mass is filtered through a sieve to separate the pulp from the juice.
- Prescribed citrus fruits will make about 400-450 ml of juice.
- To get rid of lumps, the gelatin is heated in the microwave or in a water bath. The substance must be liquid.
- Mix the juice and thickener. Poured into molds.
Dessert is put into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Jelly with tangerines and sour cream
The following ingredients are needed:
- sour cream 20% - 250 g;
- tangerines without zest - 300 g;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- boiled water - 100 ml;
- sugar - 60 g (if tangerines are sour, add to taste);
- vanillin - 10 g.
Jelly preparation technology:
- The gelatin is divided into two equal parts and laid out in separate containers, each is poured with 50 ml of water, left for one hour so that the substance completely dissolves and increases in volume.
- The fruits are divided into slices, several pieces are left for decoration, the rest are placed in a cooking container.
- 30 g of sugar are added to the raw materials, ground with a submersible blender to a puree state.
- Put the pan on the stove, turn it on. Bring the mass to a boil, stir constantly.
- As soon as bubbles appear on the surface, the container is removed from the stove.
- One part of the thickener is heated in a water bath and poured into tangerine puree, stir thoroughly.
- To separate the fibrous part, filter through a fine sieve.
- The liquid is poured into transparent containers; it is better to use glass bowls.
- In order for the layer to completely thicken, the preparation for the dessert is placed in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Place the sour cream in a bowl and add the remaining 30 g of sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until the crystals dissolve.
- The second part of the thickener is heated in a water bath and mixed with sour cream.
- Take out the bowl from the refrigerator and fill it with a layer of sour cream.
- They are sent to the refrigerator for three hours.
When the top layer thickens, garnish with tangerine slices and serve.
Jelly with tangerines and cream
The jelly in this recipe is called panna cotta. The following products are required for cooking:
- cream (20%) - 400 ml;
- sugar - 100 g;
- water - 100 ml;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- vanilla sugar to taste;
- tangerines - 1 kg.
- The cream is poured into a boiling container and 50 g of regular sugar and ½ part of vanilla sugar are added, stir.
- Gelatin is divided into two parts, placed in different containers, each is poured with cold water, left for 40 minutes.
- The cream is put on fire, heated to dissolve the crystals, but not boiled.
- In order for the gelling substance to dissolve well, it is placed in the microwave for a few minutes, making sure that it does not boil and become lump-free.
- Gelatin is poured into cream, mixed, poured into bowls or transparent containers.
- Put the first layer in the refrigerator for 3 hours, during which time the jelly will thicken.
- Juice is obtained from tangerines using a juicer. If there is no household appliance, the slices are crushed and the mass is passed through a sieve. The volume of tangerine juice should be equal to the weight of the dairy product.
- Sugar is added to the liquid, stirred to dissolve.
- The second part of the gelatin is heated and added to the juice, vanillin is added.
- The containers are taken out of the refrigerator. Pour the top tangerine layer.
The jelly will harden in four hours.
Mandarin jelly with agar-agar
A simple recipe that requires a minimum of products:
- tangerines - 10 pcs.;
- icing sugar - 100 g;
- agar-agar - 10 g.
- The processed fruit is divided into three parts. Two of them are ground with a mixer or blender.
- The remaining tangerines are divided into lobes and cut into 2-3 pieces.
- Powder and agar-agar are poured into the cooking container, stirred, and the juice is poured.
- Put on low heat, boil for two minutes.
- Pieces of citrus are added to the total mass, allowed to boil and removed from heat, cooled to + 35–40 ° C.
Pour into one large mold or distribute into small ones. Put in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
Mandarin Jelly Preservation Recipe
You can prepare a dessert for consumption immediately or prepare a fragrant tangerine jelly at home for future use by preserving it.
- tangerines - 1 kg;
- sugar to taste;
- agar-agar - 10 g;
- water - 100 ml;
- gelatin - 20 g
- Juice is obtained from the processed fruit.
- Poured into a boiling vessel and placed on the stove.
- Add some sugar.
- Gelatin is poured with cold water, left to swell for 30-40 minutes.
- Small volume glass jars are prepared and sterilized. The seaming lids are boiled for 10 minutes.
- The juice is kept on fire for 3-5 minutes, constantly stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add agar-agar and cook for another 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- The gelatin is heated so that there are no lumps, and is introduced into the total mass.
Hot poured into jars and rolled up.
Terms and conditions of storage
Jelly with the addition of gelatin is stored only in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. At high temperatures, the product begins to melt. If agar-agar is used as a thickener, then the dessert can be left at room temperature for 2-3 days, it retains its shape well. With the addition of dairy products, the shelf life is reduced. It is no more than 12 hours at a temperature not higher than +4 0C. Canned jelly is placed in a basement or storage room, the food value of the product is preserved until the next harvest.
Mandarin jelly is a fragrant product with a delicate texture. Used as an independent dessert, added to milkshakes or ice cream. Can be garnished with fresh fruit or a sprig of mint.