Jelly made from red currant juice should definitely replenish the ranks of winter preparations. A delicate, light delicacy with an ideal consistency will help restore the body's defenses and resist viral diseases in the cold season.
Useful properties of red currant juice jelly
Cooking jelly from red currant juice is very useful, since this berry is recognized as a hypoallergenic product. This means that it is allowed to be consumed by young children, lactating and pregnant women.
The homogeneous structure of the delicacy has a beneficial effect on the gastric mucosa, helps to strengthen the body, and has antipyretic properties. Jelly has a choleretic effect, acts as a laxative and anti-inflammatory agent.
Recommended for colitis and cramps. With regular use, it helps to get rid of stones, constipation, edema, and also stimulate the digestive tract.
Red currant juice jelly recipe
Making jelly from red currant juice for the winter is very simple. This nutritious delicacy is obtained even by an inexperienced housewife the first time. The base of the jelly is juice, which can be extracted in any way possible. It is most convenient to use a juicer, with the help of which pure juice is immediately obtained, which does not require further purification. You can grind the currants with a blender or meat grinder, and then rub the resulting puree through a sieve or squeeze through cheesecloth.
Some recipes are designed for boiling berries in a small amount of water or baking in an oven, which, after cooling completely, must be separated from the cake.
Juicer red currant jelly recipe
Simply and quickly, you can make red currant jelly using a juicer.
You will need:
- sugar - 2 kg;
- red currant - 3.5 l.
- Sort out the berries. Remove twigs. Rinse with plenty of water.
- In order for the currants to easily give off the juice, you will need to warm it up a little. To do this, pour it onto a baking sheet and place it in an oven. Incubate for 10 minutes at 180 ° C. You can also use the microwave. Hold the berries for 4 minutes at maximum mode.
- Transfer to a juicer. Squeeze out the juice.
- Add sugar. Transfer to low heat. While stirring, cook until completely dissolved. No need to boil.
- Pour into prepared jars. When cool, close the lids and put in a cool storage area.
Red currant jelly through a juicer
Red currant jelly in a juicer is prepared without adding gelatin. The berries contain a sufficient amount of pectin, which is responsible for the hardening of the delicacy.
You will need:
- currants (red) - 2.7 kg;
- water (filtered) - 2 l;
- sugar - 1.7 kg.
- Rinse the berries, let the liquid drain completely. Remove twigs.
- Pour water into a deep saucepan, install a juicer on top. Lay out the red currants. Turn on the fire.
- Put a branch pipe in a juicer, and place the other end in a smaller container in which to pour sugar.
- When all the juice has flowed over, put it on fire. Dissolve completely. Do not boil.
- Pour into prepared containers and cover with lids.
Jelly from red currant juice without cooking
In the proposed recipe, jelly completely retains all vitamins and nutrients. The dark red, ripe berries are not very suitable for this recipe as they contain less pectin. It is better to use light red berries.
You will need:
- Red currant;
- Remove the coils from the fruit. To make the process go faster, you can use a fork. Place the edge of the branch between the cloves and stretch. The berries will fall, and the branch will remain in your hands. Remove the leaves.
- Pour the fruits into a basin and cover with water. Mix. All debris will float to the surface. Carefully drain the liquid. The process must be repeated 2 more times.
- Transfer to a cloth or paper towel. All berries should dry completely. Moisture in the jelly will significantly shorten the shelf life.
- Fold gauze or tulle in 2 layers. Pour red currants in portions and squeeze. The juicer is not recommended for this recipe.
- Pass the juice through a sieve. This will completely cleanse it of the smallest bones.
- Measure the volume of juice obtained. Measure out 2 times more sugar.
- Pour the juice into a wide enamel container. Add some sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon until completely dissolved. The process will take about 15 minutes.
- Add the next portion and dissolve again. Continue until all the sugar and juice are gone.
- Transfer to sterilized jars. Close tightly with lids.
- Place in a dark, cool place. After 8 hours, the treat will begin to solidify.
In the proposed recipes, the calorie content is slightly different. A prepared delicacy using a juicer contains 172 kcal per 100 g, through a juicer - 117 kcal, in a recipe without cooking - 307 kcal.
Terms and conditions of storage
The expiration date will differ depending on the selected cooking technology. The jelly, prepared with the help of heat treatment, retains its useful and taste qualities for 2 years. Hermetically sealed and previously properly prepared containers are allowed to be stored at room temperature, but without access to sunlight.
A delicacy prepared without boiling is stored only in the refrigerator or in a cold basement. The maximum shelf life is 1 year, but it is recommended to use it before spring.
Jelly made from red currant juice will delight the whole family with its excellent taste in the winter season, and will also help to strengthen the immune system. Added to the composition of cinnamon, thyme, mint or vanilla will make the taste of the dessert more original and rich.