Perhaps everyone has heard that red currant jelly is a healthy and tasty product. Moreover, it is very easy to do it yourself in a short period of time. Knowledge of the cooking technology and the main secrets will help make jelly even tastier and come up with your own, family, recipes, which in the future may be passed down from generation to generation. The five-minute jelly can be used not only as an independent product, but also to make juices, fruit drinks and even alcoholic cocktails on its basis.
Features of cooking red currant five-minute jelly
In order to prepare a high-quality and tasty five-minute red currant jelly, you need to remember the following nuances:
- Red currant berries must be fresh, plucked from the branches. They must first be sorted out, otherwise, rotten fruits that start to deteriorate can get into the jelly, and the five-minute period will quickly ferment and deteriorate. This process cannot be neglected also because the possible ingress of bush branches can impart bitterness and an unpleasant aftertaste to the final product;
- Thanks to the pectin contained in red currants, a jelly-like mass is obtained already in the process of cooking the berries with sugar. However, in order to get a real jelly, thick and holding its shape, you need to add more agar-agar or gelatin;
- Gelatin is the most popular ingredient used in almost all recipes. When adding it, you must strictly follow the instructions: first, soak a bag of the substance in chilled boiling water for 30 minutes, then mix thoroughly, dissolving all the grains, and only then pour into the finished jelly. The thickener is added immediately before pouring the five-minute into the cans;
- To give a special taste and aroma, before cooking a five-minute jelly from red currant, you can add vanilla, citrus juice or even small slices of orange and lemon to the berry mass;
- Jelly should only be poured into dry containers, so jars sterilized over steam should be dried.
5-minute redcurrant jelly recipes
Any housewife, even a completely inexperienced one, can make delicious red currant jelly in 5 minutes. Dessert recipes are simple and easy to remember. There are two main ways to prepare a five-minute meal - with and without boiling.
Red currant jelly five-minute recipe without cooking
Cooking jelly without boiling is great for summer residents who want to prepare a red currant blank immediately after picking the berries.
- Red currant - 800 g;
- Granulated sugar - 900 - 1000 g.
- The collected and prepared berries are thoroughly crushed with an ordinary crush (preferably a wooden one) until all the seeds are separated.
- Put the resulting mass in portions on a piece of gauze twisted in several layers, roll it up and squeeze thoroughly until only dry mass remains on the fabric, without juice.
- Mix currant juice and sugar in equal proportions.
- Stir the resulting mass until a homogeneous thick mixture is formed, which should be left for 35 minutes.This is necessary so that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- After that, pour the finished five-minute jelly into sterilized jars.
Jelly-five-minute red currant for the winter with cooking
In order to prepare a five-minute red currant jelly according to a recipe that involves cooking the product, you will need a saucepan with a thick bottom, but not made of aluminum. When berries and sugar interact with this metal, an oxidation process will occur.
- Red currant - 2kg;
- Granulated sugar - 2 kg.
- Pour the berries into a saucepan and crush them slightly with a crush.
- Close the lid and put on fire. The berries will crack and juice will be released from them.
- Grind all the berries through a fine sieve, leaving only thick juice in a saucepan without oil cake and seeds (you can cook compote from the remnants of the fruit).
- Add sugar and cook over medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes. Remove the resulting foam with a spoon. The readiness of the jelly can be determined by its color and consistency: it should be thick and brownish-burgundy.
- Warm five-minute jelly should be poured warm into sterilized jars and closed with sterile lids.
You can prepare a five-minute jelly without sterilization: not all housewives love and know how to properly sterilize jars, which is often the reason that many refuse to prepare blanks for the winter. However, red currant jelly is convenient to prepare without going through this scrupulous process.
- Red currant - 1 kg;
- Granulated sugar - 800 g.
The sequence of actions is as in the recipe above. But after the sugar is completely dissolved in the berry juice, the resulting jelly must be immediately decomposed into jars. Then put the jars in a large saucepan, on the bottom of which lay with a towel. Fill the pot with water so that it does not reach 1.2 - 2 cm to the edge. Cook over high heat for 15 minutes. If foam forms, it must be removed. After the cooking time has elapsed, remove the jars of jelly in turn and roll up.
A five-minute jelly from red currant is a storehouse of vitamins, among which the highest content of vitamin C. However, it is important to remember that the calorie content of the product is quite high - due to the large amount of sugar in it.
Table of the content of energetically important substances in 100 g of a five-minute jelly from red currant and their percentage of the daily value:
The diagram of the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the finished product clearly demonstrates its peculiarity: the predominance of carbohydrates with a low calorie dessert.
Terms and conditions of storage
For storing red currant jelly, it is better to choose cool, dark rooms (a refrigerator is perfect). For better preservation, the dessert can be sprinkled on top with sugar, in a layer of 1.5 - 2 cm. A five-minute box covered with granulated sugar can be stored in the room, but then the consistency of the dessert will become too liquid. Then, before using the jelly, you will need to put the jar in the refrigerator for several hours to get a denser jelly. You can store a five-minute red currant for 1 year.
A five-minute jelly from red currant is a healthy and very tasty preparation that is easy to make. Quick preparation of the dessert helps to preserve all the nutrients contained in fresh berries. Jelly can also be used as a remedy for colds, sore throat, and for the prevention of infectious diseases.