- 1 Useful properties of white currant jelly
- 2 How to make white currant jelly
- 3 White currant jelly recipes for the winter
- 4 Calorie content
- 5 Terms and conditions of storage
- 6 Conclusion
White currant jelly for the winter is a delicacy of light amber color with a piquant taste and delicate summer aroma. The treat will be a good addition to openwork pancakes, soft cream cheeses, toasted bread or mouth-watering sauces. The dessert compares favorably with other blanks with a pleasant sourness and a luminous transparent texture.
Useful properties of white currant jelly
Fragrant white currants are less popular than red and black currants, but their benefits are just as great. Positive effect on the body:
- Prevention of colds due to the high content of vitamin C.
- Improvement in blood counts due to iron in the composition.
- Strengthening the heart muscle, preventing the appearance of puffy bags due to the ability to remove fluid.
- Acceleration of metabolic processes, cleansing from slag masses, salts of harmful metals and toxic substances.
How to make white currant jelly
To make white currant jelly, you can add thickening agents or use the boiling method.
White currant jelly with gelatin
A fragrant thick mass glows in cans, while gelatin provides a stable texture.
- 3 tbsp. l. fast acting gelatin powder;
- 100 ml of boiled dilution liquid;
- 1 kg of washed berries;
- 1 kg of granulated sugar.
Step-by-step instructions for canning white currant jelly for the winter:
- Blanch the main product over low heat in 100 ml of water for 10 minutes, so that the thin skin bursts.
- Rub the pulp through a sieve and add sugar, mix.
- Boil the mixture for 20 minutes over medium heat, add the swollen gelatin and lower the temperature, avoiding boiling.
- Rub the sweet mass through a sieve so that no lumps get into the conservation.
- Immediately pour into sterile jars to the top and seal with metal lids boiled in water for 5 minutes.
Sweet thick dessert is ready. After cooling down, lower the conservation into the basement or closet.
White currant jelly with agar-agar
Powder agar-agar allows treats to "grab" much faster and more firmly.
- currants - 5 kg;
- sugar - 800 g for each 1 liter of juice;
- 4 tbsp. l. powder agar agar.
Step cooking method:
- Squeeze the juice through a juicer, mix with sugar in the specified proportion.
- Boil on a medium heat until the crystals melt.
- Mix the agar-agar with a small amount of sugar so that it does not turn into lumps. Pour the powder in portions, constantly stirring the mass.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for no more than 5 minutes.
- Pour the workpiece into oven-fried jars and seal.
Delicate sweet and sour mixture will saturate with vitamins in winter and give a piece of summer.
No gelling agents
If you cook white currant jelly, observing a special temperature regime, you do not need to add stabilizing powders.
- currant berries - 500 g;
- refined - 400 g.
Preservation preparation in stages:
- Squeeze out the juice with a juicer and strain it from the seeds.
- Add sugar and put the saucepan over low heat.
- Wait for it to boil and boil for 30-40 minutes, so that the mass becomes thick and viscous.
- Send the sweet substance into sterile jars and roll up.
Beautiful amber jelly made from white berries is a good dessert for a child and delicious topping for toasts or tartlets.
White currant jelly recipes for the winter
The taste of the dessert is balanced and not sugary. It can be served at any time of the year in bowls, garnished with whipped cream and a mint branch.
A simple recipe for white currant jelly for the winter
The simplest and most intuitive cooking method does not require additional components.
- 2 kg of berries;
- 2 kg of refined sugar.
Canning consists of the following stages:
- Pour the washed berry with 50 ml of water and boil for 4 minutes with stirring, so that the skin bursts and the pulp releases the juice.
- Pass through a sieve until a light, luminous mass is formed.
- Add sugar in portions, mix and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the hot mixture from the heat and distribute in sterilized jars, seal with tin lids. Cool and hide in the cold.
The dessert will turn out to be moderately sweet, aromatic and healthy.
White currant jelly without cooking
Healthy cold white currant jelly will not only be an appetizing dessert for tea, but will also strengthen your health due to its high vitamin content. The absence of heat treatment allows you to save all the vitamins in the mass.
- 1 kg of washed currants;
- a couple of oranges;
- 2 kg of refined sugar.
Cooking without boiling:
- Kill the berries through a meat grinder mesh.
- Wash oranges, cut into pieces and also twist with a meat grinder.
- Sprinkle the fruits with sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Distribute the sweet mass into sterile glass jars and cover with nylon lids.
White currant jelly with lemon
A double dose of vitamin C in a fragrant citrus preparation will have a positive effect on the body. The dessert has a pleasant aroma and lemon flavor.
A set of products for cooking:
- 1 kg of currant berries and sugar;
- ½ glass of drinking water;
- 2 lemons.
- Pour the fruits with water and steam on the stove under a closed lid, grind through a sieve until the consistency of puree.
- Kill the lemons with zest with a blender or meat grinder.
- Mix lemons with currants.
- Pour ½ sugar in mashed potatoes, warm until the grains melt.
- Pour in the remaining sugar, stir until smooth.
- Cork the mixture in sterile jars and wrap.
Thick jelly will turn out only after complete cooling.
White currant jelly in Mulinex bread maker
A bread maker is a unit that facilitates the process of cooking treats. It will turn out to be rich, amber and very appetizing.
Required set of products:
- ½ kg of berries;
- 300 g granulated sugar;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l.
Step by step cooking method:
- Kill the berries with a blender, pour into a bread maker, add sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir, turn on the Jam program and press the Start button.
- After 1 hour and 20 minutes, the aromatic treat will be ready.
- Divide the mass by banks and immediately preserve.
White currant jelly with mint
Unusual white currant jelly can be prepared by adding secret ingredients: garlic with pepper and mint.
Required products for cooking:
- 7-8 kg of currants;
- 5-6 kg of sugar;
- 200 g fresh mint leaves;
- 2 dried chili;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 3 laurel leaves.
Cooking white currant jelly with additives consists of the steps:
- Squeeze the juice out of the berries, strain it from the skins and seeds.
- Rinse the mint, dry on a towel and cut into small pieces.
- Combine ½ mint with currants in a bowl, add garlic, lavrushka, chili.
- Fill the workpiece with water so that the liquid covers the components by 2/3 of the volume.
- Boil for 15 minutes, remove the garlic and pepper, strain the liquid.
- Add 1/1 sugar and put the container on fire.
- Boil until the sugar melts, add the remaining mint and turn off the heat.
- Stir, wait for cooling and put the mass in sterile jars.
- Seal with lids and store in a cool dark place.
White currant jelly with orange
For added sweetness and flavor, currants can be combined with other ingredients.
- washed currants - 1 kg;
- 2 oranges;
- 2 tbsp. l. freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- granulated sugar - 1.3 kg.
White currant jelly recipe similar to jam:
- Scroll the berries and orange fruits through the mesh of a meat grinder.
- Stir the puree and pour over the lemon juice.
- Put the mixture on fire and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mass into a sterile container and roll up the lids.
After cooling in the room, the dessert should be stored on a cellar shelf or in a dark closet.
White currant jelly with raspberries
Raspberry gives the preservation a special sweetness, forest aroma and texture density.
- 4 kg of red berries;
- 5 kg of white currant;
- 1 kg of ripe raspberries;
- 7 kg of granulated sugar.
Dessert cooking scheme:
- Boil the berries under the lid for 10 minutes, grind, mix with sugar.
- Boil until the volume of the mass is reduced by 2 times.
The culinary process consists of stages:
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar and keep in the cold for 8 hours.
- Put the mass on the fire, stirring occasionally, heat it until the sugar melts. Cook for half an hour.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, collect the juice and boil it over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Distribute hot treats in glass jars and close with lids.
A fragrant delicacy can preserve all the flavors and vitamins of the berries. Raspberries will add sweetness, white currants - sourness, and red - brightness.
Fresh product contains 0.5 g of proteins, 8.7 g of carbohydrates per 100 g and does not have fat. With the addition of sugar, fruit additives and exposure to temperature, the nutritional composition changes. The calorie content of pure jelly is 200 kcal / 100 g.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of conservation directly depends on the quality of processing berries, cleanliness, sterility of the cans and proper sealing. If all standards are observed, the seaming can be stored for 6-7 months in cool conditions and in the absence of direct sunlight.
White currant jelly for the winter is a dessert with a delicate taste, pleasant berry aroma and smooth texture. A translucent amber treat can be prepared with raspberries, mint, citrus fruits, and even garlic. Preservation is perfect for baking and preparing savory desserts.