Currant paste is one of the most common options for harvesting berries for the winter. Processing according to the technology is simple, most of the time is spent on the preparation of raw materials. Recipes are characterized by a short heat treatment. To preserve nutrients and vitamins, the mass need not be boiled.
Fresh or frozen raw materials are used for cooking, the taste of the finished product will not differ
How to make blackcurrant pasta
The berries are processed immediately after harvest.
It is better to buy currants in clusters, fragrant without a sour odor. Frozen berries are removed from the freezer a day before processing. After thawing, remove the remaining moisture with a napkin.
The mass turns out to be thick, so it should not be allowed to burn.
According to the recipe, 400 g of sugar is used for 1 kg of currants; if desired, the taste can be made sweeter.
- The raw materials are sorted out, the stalk and low-quality fruits are removed.
- They are washed, laid out on a cloth to evaporate moisture.
- The jars are sterilized, the lids are boiled for 10 minutes. Dessert is spread only in dry containers.
- The fruits are crushed using a meat grinder.
- Pour sugar, stir, send to the refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
- They put it on the stove. Include the minimum mode.
- Stir constantly. Before boiling, foam will appear on the surface, it must be collected with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- When the mass boils, it is kept for another 10 minutes.
The hot paste is placed in jars, rolled up and covered with warm clothes until it cools.
The shelf life of the dessert is 2 years.
Red currant paste
The red variety is more sour than the black one, so berries and sugar are taken in equal proportions.
- The crop is cleaned of the stalks, poured with cold water so that fine litter rises to the surface.
- The liquid is drained, the raw materials are put in a colander and washed under the tap.
- Lay out on a towel to dry.
- Interrupt with a food processor until smooth.
- Put the mass together with sugar in a cooking container.
- Leave to dissolve the crystals.
- They put the pan on the stove, constantly stir the mass, remove the foam.
- Boil for 15–20 minutes.
Packaged in sterilized jars, sealed, you do not need to insulate.
Blackcurrant pasta without boiling
For the preparation of winter harvesting, the following ingredients are required:
- currants - 1 kg;
- citric acid - 1 g;
- sugar - 1.5 kg.
How to make a paste:
- The berries are washed and dried well, processed without moisture.
- The containers are sterilized, the lids are kept in boiling water.
- Enamel or plastic dishes are used for processing.
- Pass the raw materials through a meat grinder, add the ingredients from the recipe.
- The mass is mixed and laid out in jars, closed.
You can use metal or nylon lids, no sealing is needed for this recipe, sugar plays the role of a preservative, citric acid prevents the mass from crystallizing. Store at a temperature of + 4-6 0C from six to eight months.
Currant paste is a delicious and healthy dessert. For cooking, you can use freshly picked or frozen berries.If the recipe is without heat treatment, then add 1.5 times more sugar than the original weight of the raw material. Boil technology allows you to adjust the flavor as desired.