- 1 What can be made from lingonberries
- 2 How to make lingonberry jam correctly
- 2.1 Lingonberry jam recipe five minutes
- 2.2 A simple recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter
- 2.3 Lingonberry jam recipe like in IKEA
- 2.4 Lingonberry jam with apples
- 2.5 Lingonberry jam with pears
- 2.6 Finnish lingonberry jam recipe
- 2.7 Lingonberry jam for the winter without gelatin
- 2.8 Lingonberry jam: recipe without cooking
- 2.9 Blueberry and lingonberry jam
- 2.10 Lingonberry jam
- 2.11 Lingonberry jam with apples
- 3 Lingonberry jam in a slow cooker
- 4 Lingonberry jam in a bread maker
- 5 Rules for storing bilberry blanks
- 6 Conclusion
In winter, many people dream of enjoying delicious jam or jam. But in most cases these are standard, well-known desserts. Lingonberry jam will help to open up a new taste and add pleasant sensations from ordinary tea drinking. It is not difficult to prepare it, and the amount of nutrients that are very important in winter will help maintain the level of immunity at altitude during the entire cold period.
What can be made from lingonberries
For lingonberry blanks, the same recipes are used as for most berries. It can be grated with sugar, and delicious jam is also obtained. Many people cook lingonberries with sugar, but without heat treatment.
And also the berries are perfectly dried, and in winter you can make tea, compotes and other desserts from them. What to do with fresh lingonberries, each housewife decides on her own, but there are a lot of options. You can even prepare alcoholic beverages, in particular, tinctures and liqueurs.
The berry is perfectly stored in its own juice, as well as the soaked blank. Many housewives cook compotes for the winter with the addition of this northern beauty. If you do not know what to cook from lingonberry, then the berry can simply be frozen or dried. It retains its beneficial properties.
You can add your own ingredients to any blanks: pears, apples or other berries, for example, cranberries or blackberries.
How to make lingonberry jam correctly
To make a recipe for lingonberry jam, you first need to prepare the ingredients. Lingonberry berries are tender, besides, they are quite small in size. Therefore, during the sorting process, care must be taken so as not to wrinkle and not violate the integrity. For jam, ripe, but whole, without signs of disease or rot, are needed.
And you will also need sugar and containers where the dessert will be rolled up. Wash and sterilize jars thoroughly. It is better to lay out the dessert on hot jars, and after seaming, leave them in a blanket to cool slowly.
Apples, pears and plums can be used as additional components. For aroma and taste, cinnamon, cloves and lemon are great.
Lingonberry jam recipe five minutes
This is a recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter, which is suitable for hurried housewives. Prepares for 5 minutes. The five-minute stays beautifully in a basement or cellar for more than one year. Ingredients:
- 2 kg of sugar and berries;
- glass of water.
The recipe is simple:
- Pour water into a saucepan and add granulated sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved in the water, add the berries.
- After the mass boils, cook for exactly 5 minutes over low heat.
Pour into hot cans and roll up. It turns out delicious and very fast. For the winter, it is perfect for family tea drinking, and for treating guests in a pleasant atmosphere.
A simple recipe for lingonberry jam for the winter
For lingonberry jam according to a simple recipe for the winter, you will need berries directly - 2 kg and one and a half kg of granulated sugar. The berries must be washed, sorted out, and also, without fail, let the water drain.
Step-by-step cooking algorithm:
- Rinse and dry the fruits.
- Cover with sugar for 12 hours.
- Pound in a blender or mixer.
- Put the resulting mass on fire and cook for 25 minutes.
- Then turn off the fire, let it cool and put it back on the fire.
- Cook twice more, stirring each time so that the mass does not burn.
- The finished dessert has a bright red color, as soon as the color becomes saturated - the product is ready.
- Pour hot dessert into jars and roll up.
This option is longer in time, but the taste is excellent. In winter, you can delight the whole family.
Lingonberry jam recipe like in IKEA
You can make lingonberry jam like in IKEA, the recipe is available to any housewife. The dessert is prepared according to this option in Sweden, where it turns out to be tasty and aromatic.
- fresh berry;
- granulated sugar.
- Sort the berries, wash and put in a saucepan.
- Squeeze lightly with a fork to release their liquid.
- Remove from the stove after 15 minutes.
- Add 700 g granulated sugar to 1 kg of lingonberries.
- As soon as the sugar in the hot mass dissolves, the finished jam can be poured into jars.
Immediately after seaming, you need to put the cans in a warm place and wrap them with a terry towel to cool down longer. After a day, you can lower it into the basement.
Lingonberry jam with apples
Lingonberry jam with apples is a very delicate and tasty delicacy. Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.5 kg of berries and apples;
- 250 ml of water;
- 3 kg of sugar.
Step-by-step cooking algorithm:
- Boil the syrup.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Place the chopped fruit in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the cooking process twice.
- Throw in lingonberries for the third time.
- Cook with berries for 10 minutes.
Then pour the finished dessert into sterilized jars and roll up.
Lingonberry jam with pears
The pear version also has its own characteristics. First of all, this dessert has a unique aroma.
Components for the blank:
- pear - 3.5 kg;
- lingonberry - 1.25 kg;
- granulated sugar 2.5 kg;
- litere of water;
- 5 pieces of cloves;
- half a teaspoon of cinnamon;
- 1 lemon ring
You can prepare this way:
- Pour boiling water over the berries for 3 minutes to remove the bitterness.
- Peel the pear, cut into small slices, discard the core.
- Prepare syrup.
- Pour berries with pears.
- Bring to a boil and remove the foam.
- Boil over low heat for 5 minutes.
- The jam should stand for 12 hours.
- Boil again and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off and let stand again for a day.
- At the last stage of cooking, it is necessary to put cinnamon, lemon, and cloves in the jam.
- Pour into jars, first remove the lemon from the boiling mass.
As a result, the jars should be wrapped up and put in a cool storage place after 24 hours. The recipe can be made using any kind of pear. It is important that the fruits are not too hard. Better to use a ripe pear with fairly soft fruits. At the same time, the fruits should not have rot and dents, as well as traces of damage. This additive will give the delicacy a special aroma; no one can refuse such a dessert.
Finnish lingonberry jam recipe
The Finnish recipe involves the use of the following ingredients: a pound of granulated sugar per kg of berries. It is necessary to beat 700 g of lingonberries in a blender with sugar. Pour over hot jars, in which you first put the remaining fruits. Banks must be pre-sterilized. Ideally, the jam container should be warm, then the product will last for a very long time.
Roll up the containers, put them in a cool place for storage. The Finns use this dessert as an additive to fried meat. It turns out harmoniously and tasty. If you plan to use the product for meat, then it is advisable to initially cook the jam with a small addition of sugar.
Lingonberry jam for the winter without gelatin
For a recipe like lingonberry jam for the winter, you will need one and a half kg of lingonberries and a kilogram of sugar. The berries must be grated through a sieve to get rid of the peel, small seeds.There is no need to use gelatin for the recipe, as the required thickness will appear during the preparation process.
Then add all the sugar to the resulting mixture. Put on low heat and simmer for 25 minutes after the mixture boils. Pour into hot jars and place in a warm blanket.
Lingonberry jam: recipe without cooking
The cold method of harvesting lingonberries is very popular in the Scandinavian countries. Lingonberry does not lend itself to heat treatment, which means that it retains its beneficial properties as much as possible.
The recipe includes the use of lingonberries and sugar in a 1: 1 ratio.
Necessary steps to prepare the workpiece:
- Pour berries and sugar into the jars in layers.
- The last layer should be sugar.
- Place the jars in a cold place - it is optimal to put them in the refrigerator.
As a result, in winter, there will be a blank from which compote, jam is made, and which can be eaten in its pure form.
Blueberry and lingonberry jam
Making blueberry and lingonberry jam requires few ingredients and free time. First of all, the components of the jam:
- a pound of both types of raw materials;
- drinking water - a glass;
- granulated sugar - half a kilo.
Step-by-step algorithm for preparing a delicious dessert:
- Sort out all the raw materials as carefully as possible so as not to crush. At the same time, weed out all rotten, overripe, unripe fruits.
- In different pots, you need to steam the berries separately so that they become soft enough.
- Crush the berries separately.
- Combine the masses of two berries with the addition of sugar.
- After the mixture boils, make a small heat and leave until tender.
- Place the finished product in hot jars and close the lids. After a few days, you can put it away for storage.
In the evening in winter, such a delicacy will gather the whole family for tea and fill the body with vitamins.
Lingonberry jam according to this recipe can be made at home with a simple set of ingredients. Required components:
- glass of water;
- 900 g granulated sugar;
- 1.3 kg of lingonberry berries.
First of all, you need to prepare the fruits. To do this, sort them out, wash, put them in a colander. Unripe fruits can add extra acid to the jam.
- Add a glass of water to the berries and cook until smooth.
- Rub the resulting mass through a sieve.
- Place a saucepan on the stove and add sugar.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- The mixture should boil, the sugar should be completely dissolved.
- After the jam has reached the required consistency, it should be poured into jars.
Containers with jam should be immediately rolled up, wrapped in a warm towel. The workpiece can be stored for more than one season, if you follow the storage technology. It is important that the product cools down as long as possible, and therefore it is recommended to use several blankets and a room with room temperature.
Lingonberry jam with apples
Another option for a delicious dessert is jam with the addition of apples and pears. For this you will need:
- 1 kg of berries of sufficient maturity;
- 250 g of apples and pears;
- granulated sugar - 300 g.
The jam should be cooked like this:
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- Prepare a syrup from water and sugar using the classic technology.
- Pour over chopped pears, apples and berries.
- Boil the resulting mixture to the required consistency.
- Roll over sterilized banks.
Jam can be useful not only for consumption in its pure form, but also for baking, making various desserts.
Lingonberry jam in a slow cooker
To prepare a delicious dessert using a multicooker, it is enough to take standard products that are used for lingonberry jam according to any recipe. Of the products you will need:
- fruits - 2 kg;
- the same amount of granulated sugar;
- citrus peel to taste.
Algorithm for making jam in a slow cooker:
- Put all the products used in the multicooker.
- For an hour put on the "Extinguishing" mode.
- Then wait another 2 hours on heating.
- After that, pour everything into warm sterilized jars and immediately roll up.
After a day, the treat can be removed to the cellar or basement. Cooking in a multicooker will help you control the temperature properly.
Lingonberry jam in a bread maker
Many modern bread makers have a mode called "Jam". You just need to lay all the products and turn on the mode:
- 2 packs of frozen berries;
- cut the berry into thin slices;
- 600 g sugar;
- juice of 1 lemon.
After the "Jam" mode has worked, the contents must be poured into jars and rolled up. Using modern technology, making preparations and treats for the winter is quick and easy. This will delight young housewives or women who are busy not only at home, but also at work.
Rules for storing bilberry blanks
A cellar, a basement, and a refrigerator are suitable for storing blanks from northern berries. You can perfectly save the treasured jars on the balcony, if the temperature there does not drop below zero. The optimum temperature should not exceed +10 ° C. And also for the blanks, sunlight is destructive, therefore the room should be dark.
A pantry is suitable for this in an apartment, as long as it is not heated. If the recipe does not provide for heat treatment, it is better to store the blanks in the refrigerator.
Lingonberry jam is very tasty, but also a healthy treat. Each family member will be happy to drink tea with this dessert. For proper preparation, it is necessary to select sufficiently mature ingredients and process them correctly. The lingonberry must be ripe as the green berry tastes sour and can ruin the dessert.
For flavor, in addition to the main component, it is better to add additional ingredients in the form of spices, lemon, as well as fruits, such as pears or apples. After cooking, it is necessary to properly preserve the delicacy. For this, a basement or cellar is suitable, and in the apartment there is a balcony. When cooking, you must wait for a sufficient consistency so that the jam is thick and sweet. And you can invite your family to a tea party.