- 1 The benefits and harms of dried pears
- 2 How to dry pears at home
- 3 How to dry pears in an electric oven
- 4 How to dry pears in a gas oven
- 5 How to dry pears in an electric dryer
- 6 How to dry pears at home
- 7 How to properly dry pears in the microwave
- 8 How to dry whole pears at home
- 9 What can be made from dried pears
- 10 How to store dried pears at home
- 11 Conclusion
Dried pears are delicious and healthy dried fruits. This preparation method allows you to preserve all vitamins. Can be dried both in the sun and using various kitchen utensils.
The benefits and harms of dried pears
Knowing about the health benefits and dangers of dried pears, you can make up for the lack of vitamins, as well as eliminate the unpleasant consequences of excessive consumption of dried fruits.
Dried pear, regardless of the recipe, is rich in fiber, which stimulates the intestines. Has a mild laxative effect, relieving constipation. Potassium is good for blood vessels and heart. In folk medicine, the benefits of dried pears have been proven for coughing.
Dried fruits are recommended to be introduced into the diet for pneumonia and bronchitis. The product perfectly cleanses the liver, increases mental alertness and efficiency.
Despite the beneficial properties, dried fruits have their own contraindications. They should not be eaten by people with stomach ulcers, as well as those who are allergic to the product.
Dried fruits are not recommended to be consumed in large quantities. This can cause constipation and damage your figure. You cannot combine them with milk.
Calorie content of dried pears
Dried pear fruits are a low-calorie product. 100 g contains only 246 kcal, which is 12% of the daily value. Dieters can substitute dried fruit for sweets.
How to dry pears at home
Drying consists of 3 stages:
- Selection of suitable fruit varieties.
- Fruit preparation.
- Directly preparing dried fruits.
Suitable for drying are medium-sized fruits, well-ripe, sweet, with firm flesh. The fruit is washed thoroughly, cut in half or into 4 parts. Hard fruits are pre-blanched for 5 minutes. The wild game pear is dried whole.
Dried fruits are harvested in an electric or gas oven, in the fresh air, in a microwave or electric dryer.
What pears can be dried
Unripe fruits are selected for drying. The pulp should be firm and not too juicy. After picking, pears can be stored for no more than 2 days, otherwise they will become unsuitable for drying. For the preparation of dried fruits, the following varieties are suitable: "Victoria", "Aromatic", "Limonka", "Ilyinka", "Forest Beauty", "Zaporozhskaya", "Bergamot".
Pear drying temperature
Pears are dried in an electric dryer at a temperature not exceeding 70 ° C, periodically turning them over. Cooking time can range from 15 hours to a day. Drying at home in the oven is carried out at 60 ° C for two hours, after which the temperature is increased to 80 ° C. The process will take approximately 12 hours. At the same time, the fruits are turned over every 2 hours.
How to dry pears in an electric oven
A convenient and quick way to dry pears. Dried fruits prepared in this way have an excellent aroma and taste, however, during the preparation process, they lose some of the nutrients.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper or foil.
- The pears are washed, dried and cut into not too thick slices. Fruits are spread in one layer on a baking sheet.
- The oven is heated to 60 ° C.After 2 hours of simmering, the heat is increased to 80 ° C and dried until the slices are reduced in size. Then the temperature is lowered to 55 ° C and simmered until cooked. When you press on the fruit, juice should not be released from it.
- Invert periodically so that the slices dry evenly. Drying pears in an electric oven will take approximately 12 hours. Place the baking sheet on the middle level.
How to dry pears in a gas oven
A fairly quick way to prepare dried fruit for the winter, while maintaining its taste.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly. They should be free of damage and wormholes. Dry and cut into medium slices. Pour boiling water over the fruit and leave for a quarter of an hour. Drain the infusion and spread the slices on a paper towel.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Arrange the slices in one layer. Place in an oven preheated to 55 ° C. Dry for 2 hours. Then increase the heating to 80 ° C. When the slices have decreased, return the temperature to its original value. Dry the pear in the oven on a gas stove until tender.
How to dry pears in an electric dryer
The device allows you to prepare a large amount of dried fruits. Due to the optimum temperature, pears dry evenly.
- Wash and dry the pears. Cut out damaged areas. Cut each fruit in half and remove the core. Cut the fruit pulp into slices.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Dip a pear into it and blanch for a couple of minutes. Place on a sieve and cool. Arrange the slices on the trays of the electric dryer so that there is space between them.
- Place the fruit racks in the appliance and turn on the temperature at 70 ° C. Drying pears in an electric dryer will take approximately 15 hours. The semi-finished product should be turned over periodically to ensure even drying. The finished product will be brown and will not break when pressed.
How to dry pears at home
Drying in this way will take longer, but the fruit will retain the maximum of nutrients. A sunny, well-ventilated place is suitable for this.
- Wash thoroughly, dry and cut the fruit into not too thin slices. Spread them out on a clean cloth, paper, or baking sheet.
- Place in a sunny place. Cover the dried fruit with gauze overnight and bring it indoors.
- Turn the slices over once a day so that they dry evenly. After 3 days, place the dried fruits to dry in the shade.
Alternatively, the slices can be threaded and hung dry.
How to properly dry pears in the microwave
Microwave is a quick and easy way to prepare dried pears. This option is suitable for those who live in an apartment and do not have the opportunity to air dry the product. The cooking time and the mode to be set depend on the power of the microwave.
Only ripe pears are required from the ingredients.
- The fruits are sorted out. Wash thoroughly, dry and cut into not too thin slices.
- A wide plate suitable for microwave cooking is covered with parchment. Spread chunks on it at a short distance from each other.
- Put in a microwave oven. Turn on the 300 W device. The time is set to 5 minutes. If the pieces are not completely dry, the fruit is left in the microwave for another 90 seconds.
How to dry whole pears at home
Can be prepared for the winter by canning, freezing or drying. The latter method allows you to preserve the maximum amount of nutrients. Fruit can be dried by slicing or whole.
- Wash ripe pears without damage or wormholes.The fruits should be small. Cut the stalks. Spread out on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Line a baking sheet with high sides with parchment. Put fruits on it close to each other.
- Preheat the oven to 90 ° C. Place a baking sheet on the upper level. Bake for about 1.5 hours. Then turn off the heating, leaving the fruits in the oven until completely cooled.
- Remove fruit to fresh air and leave in the sun until evening. Then put it back in the oven and repeat the procedure. Dry pears for a week. Finished fruits should be dry, with no signs of pulp inside.
- Put the finished dried fruits in a dry clean jar, close the lid and store in a cool place.
What can be made from dried pears
Dried fruits are consumed as an independent dish, but more often they are used to prepare various dishes and drinks. It goes well with fermented milk products. They are added to curd mass or yoghurts.
Dried fruits are used to make stewed fruit and uzvar. There are many recipes for baking and desserts with the addition of dried fruits. They go well with berries and citrus fruits.
Dried fruits add zest to the meat sauce. They are added to borscht, salads and meat is baked with them.
How to store dried pears at home
To preserve the beneficial properties and quality of the product, you need to follow the storage rules. The main enemies of dried fruits are heat and humidity. The ideal storage temperature is 10 ° C. The finished product is transferred to a dry, clean glass container or paper or canvas bag. This will help protect the dried fruit from insects and mold. Store in a dark closet or pantry, away from heating appliances and sunlight.
It is not recommended to store dried fruit in the refrigerator. There they will quickly damp. In the place where dried fruits are stored, it is recommended to put a container with salt, which will protect against mold by absorbing excess moisture. You can store the product throughout the year, periodically sorting and drying it in the fresh air.
By properly preparing dried pears, you can enjoy delicious and aromatic fruits in winter. Before using them, it is recommended to soak them in boiling water for a quarter of an hour so that the dried fruits become soft.