Not every suburban area can fit a greenhouse. Because of this, greenhouses have become very popular. They are made on their own from scrap materials or bought in a store, factory-made models. In terms of functionality, the greenhouse is the same greenhouse, only the shelter is not suitable for the winter growing of vegetables due to the impossibility of organizing heating. Among many models, the factory-made Snowdrop greenhouse has gained wide popularity. The design is so simple that it can be easily assembled by any vegetable grower.
Features of the greenhouse device and factory equipment
Neftekamsk company BashAgroPlast produces greenhouses Snowdrop from plastic arcs sewn into the covering fabric. The product is characterized by light weight, compact size, simple assembly.
The arches are made of plastic HDPE pipes. Hence the light weight of the finished product. A feature of the Snowdrop design is the arcs sewn into the covering fabric at the factory. The purchased greenhouse is completely ready for use, you just need to unpack it and stretch it along the garden bed. The snowdrop is equipped with plastic stakes 26 cm long. They are inserted into the end of each pipe, after which the arcs are stuck into the ground. To install Snowdrop, you do not need to make a base, but a large stock covering canvases from the ends allow you to organize strengthening stretch marks for the greenhouse.
The factory greenhouse Snowdrop goes on sale in the following configuration:
- A set of plastic bows is made of HDPE pipes with a diameter of 20 mm. Arches are a good support for the covering material and do not corrode. The number of arcs depends on the length of the greenhouse.
- Convenient installation of arcs in the ground is provided by plastic stakes 26 cm long. One spare pin is always included in the kit. Let's say a 6 m long Snowdrop has 7 arcs and is completed with 15 stakes.
- Used as a covering cloth non-woven fabric spunbond. Its feature is a longer service life, in contrast to polyethylene. The porous structure of spunbond allows moisture, air and sunlight to pass through. At the same time, the non-woven material protects plants from temperature extremes. Pockets are sewn across the cover sheet fragment, the width is slightly larger than the pipe diameter. The arches are inserted into the pockets, which allows you to firmly hold the spunbond on the frame of the greenhouse.
- Snowdrop comes with plastic clips. A kind of latches are designed to fix the covering sheet on plastic arches.
After removing the Snowdrop from the package, the grower receives the assembled greenhouse, the arcs of which simply need to be stuck into the ground.
Dimensions and cost of prefabricated greenhouses
The Snowdrop comes on sale in standard lengths of 3.4, 6 and 8 m. Width, always fixed - 1.2 m. As for the height, traditional products are limited to 0.8 m.However, there is a model of the Snowdrop Plus greenhouse, in which the height of the arcs reaches 1.3 m.
The weight of each model depends on the dimensions, but the difference is small. Thanks to the use of lightweight materials, the weight of the finished product varies from 2.5 to 3.5 kg. The optimal density of spunbond was determined for the greenhouse - 42 g / m2... Greenhouses Snowdrop can also be produced by other manufacturers, which affects the cost of the finished product. Most often, the price fluctuates between 1000-1800 rubles.
Characteristics of the Snowdrop Plus model
As an improved modification of the main product, the manufacturer offers the Snowdrop Plus greenhouse, which is distinguished by its dimensions. The model is characterized by an increased height of arches up to 1.3 m. This does not greatly affect the convenience of plant care. After all, it is still impossible to enter a greenhouse with such a height. The advantage of the model is the ability to grow tall plants. Snowdrop plus can be used under some varieties of semi-determinate tomatoes and climbing cucumbers.
The complete set of the product remains unchanged. The difference is the higher arc height and elongated stakes. With an increase in the size of the greenhouse, the windage increases proportionally. For a firm fixation to the ground, elongated stakes are needed. The weight and compactness of the shelter in the assembled state remain practically the same as that of the standard Snowdrop.
The video demonstrates Snowdrop plus:
The advantage of covering material for Snowdrop
Polyethylene film for covering greenhouses is gradually becoming a thing of the past due to its fragility. Usually it is enough for one season. The manufacturer decided to cover the Snowdrop greenhouse with non-woven material - spunbond.
The advantages of spunbond over film are obvious:
- The porous fabric allows sunlight to pass through well. However, at the same time it creates shading that protects plant leaves from burns.
- When it rains, spunbond lets water pass through itself. The plantations are irrigated free of charge with rainwater, plus the liquid does not accumulate on the surface. In the case of film, the formation of puddles is accompanied by large sagging. In addition to the fact that polyethylene is capable of bursting, a large volume of water that has collapsed will break the delicate stems of plants.
- Spunbond is not afraid of UV rays, temperature extremes and severe frosts. The resulting hole is easy to patch, which is impossible with the film.
With careful use and careful storage, spunbond will last at least three seasons.
Installing a factory-made snowdrop
So, it's time to consider the procedure for installing a prefabricated Snowdrop greenhouse. There is nothing difficult in this, let's proceed:
- The greenhouse is sold in a package. Most often it is a plastic bag. Before installation, the structure is removed from the package, stretched along the entire length of the bed and the folds on the canvas are allowed to align.
- On the broken beds, it remains only to install the structure, but if they are not already there, you need to choose the optimal location. It is better to place the beds on an unshaded area of the yard, poorly blown by the winds. If the size of the site allows you to choose the optimal place, then it is better to place the greenhouse from south to north. From this, the sun's rays from morning to evening will evenly heat the plants.
- Having decided on the location of the beds, they begin to assemble the frame. In principle, the Snowdrop is sold already assembled, it is only necessary to insert pegs into the ends of the pipes. Starting from the extreme arc in the garden, they are stuck with stakes into the ground. The distance between the arches is determined by the covering material stretched on each section.It will not work to decrease or increase it.
- After installing all the arcs, the covering material is spread over the skeleton. It should be slightly taut without sagging or wrinkling. On the arches, the spunbond is fixed with plastic clips. In the future, they will provide the convenience of opening the sides of the greenhouse for plant maintenance.
- In this photo, the greenhouse Snowdrop is depicted with the tied edges of the covering canvas at the ends. This is the final of the installation. Spunbond at the ends of the greenhouse is tied to stakes or tied in a knot and pressed down with a load.
For the further arrangement of the greenhouse, you can use several tips. Suppose the end edges of the spunbond, tied in a knot, are best pressed to the ground at an angle. This will provide additional stretching of the covering material throughout the entire frame. On one side of the structure, the spunbond is pressed to the ground with a load, and on the other side, the canvas will only be held on clips. The plants will be taken care of from here.
Snowdrop is shown on the video:
Self-made greenhouse Snowdrop
Nothing is easier than making a snowdrop greenhouse with your own hands from materials available on the farm. Any plastic pipe removed from the old water supply and non-woven fabric is suitable for work.
The manufacturing process is simple:
- To keep the bed warm, a depression of about 50 cm is dug in its place. Compost, leaves, small grass are poured into the hole, and covered with fertile soil on top.
- The plastic pipe is cut into pieces and the arcs are bent. Instead of stakes, pieces of reinforcement are used. The arcs are stuck into the ground in 60–70 cm increments.
- The covering material can simply be laid out on the frame of the greenhouse, fixing it to the pipes with purchased clips. If the house has a sewing machine, pockets for arcs can be sewn on the striped canvas. Such a greenhouse will look like a factory model.
The canvas is pressed to the ground with any load or tied to hammered stakes. On this homemade Snowdrop is ready.
Users about the Snowdrop greenhouse leave very different reviews. Let's take a look at some of them.