- 1 Is it possible to eat sunflower sprouts
- 2 The chemical composition of sunflower seedlings
- 3 Why sunflower sprouts are useful
- 4 Sunflower sprouts harm
- 5 Contraindications to the use of sunflower sprouts
- 6 The healing properties of sunflower sprouts
- 7 How to germinate sunflower sprouts
- 8 Rules for the use of sprouted sunflower seeds
- 9 The use of sunflower sprouts in traditional medicine
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Reviews of sunflower microgreens
Sunflower seedlings are small seedlings that can be obtained at home from seeds in 7-10 days. They contain antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, minerals and other useful components. Microgreens are recommended for preventive use.
Is it possible to eat sunflower sprouts
Sunflower seedlings are seedlings up to 4-5 cm high with 2-3 leaves, which are easy to obtain at home. Sunflower microgreens (pictured) are painted in a pale green color with a yellowish tinge, at which time the sprouts have not yet had time to get rid of the peel completely. It is at this stage that they have the maximum amount of nutrients. The greens are very juicy and soft, they can be eaten for medicinal purposes, as well as for prevention.
The chemical composition of sunflower seedlings
The beneficial effect of sunflower seedlings is due to their rich chemical composition. Germinating grain contains a large amount of enzymes, minerals and other components, for example:
- unsaturated fatty acids (oleic, stearic, palmitic);
- vitamins E, C, group B;
Why sunflower sprouts are useful
The use of sprouted sunflower seeds for food is due to the fact that the seedlings contain a large amount of enzymes and other biologically active substances. Over time, their concentration decreases, since the entire stock is actively spent on the plant's own needs (formation of leaves, shoots, acceleration of growth). Therefore, it is the seedlings of sunflower and other crops that are considered the most useful.
They improve metabolic processes and have a complex effect on the body:
- lower the level of "bad" cholesterol (abbreviated as LDL, LDL or LDL);
- improve digestive processes (increased motility of the gastrointestinal tract, cleansing from half-life products, toxins, ensuring acid-base balance);
- have a rejuvenating effect on the skin and internal organs due to the high content of antioxidants that block free radicals;
- improve the appearance of hair and nails;
- strengthens bones and teeth;
- help maintain immunity;
- restore vision;
- normalize the processes of hematopoiesis, help prevent the development of anemia;
- increase efficiency and concentration.
It is important to understand that seedlings are mainly used as a preventive measure. For example, it is impossible to treat cancer with germinated sunflower seeds or other serious diseases.In this case, it is necessary to precisely follow the doctor's requirements. And sprouts can be used as an additional tool (after consulting a specialist).
Sunflower sprouts harm
With the systematic use of germinated seeds, extraneous symptoms may be observed:
- increased gas production (flatulence).
In such situations, it is necessary to immediately stop taking sunflower seedlings and consult a gastroenterologist.
Contraindications to the use of sunflower sprouts
Sprouted seeds can be recommended to almost all people - adults and children over 12 years old, men and women. But there are some health and age restrictions:
- the seeds contain quite a lot of gluten, which is contraindicated for people suffering from certain diseases (for example, celiac disease);
- sprouts are not recommended for children under 12 years old. If necessary, you should first consult a doctor;
- a general serious condition (for example, after a heart attack, stroke, previous operations) presupposes a careful selection of the diet, therefore, it is not worthwhile to arbitrarily include different products in it;
- also seeds are not recommended for people suffering from chronic digestive disorders.
The healing properties of sunflower sprouts
The healing properties of seedlings are explained by the presence in them of biologically active substances and antioxidants, as well as fiber, which cleanses the body of toxins and toxins - harmful substances, semi-digested food products and other components unnecessary for the body.
Microgreens have several healing effects at once:
Due to the destruction of free radicals and other harmful substances, metabolic processes are normalized. Therefore, the metabolic balance is restored, which contributes to the natural cleansing of the body and the "leveling" of the main physiological parameters (including the content of cholesterol in the blood).
How to germinate sunflower sprouts
It is almost impossible to purchase sprouted sunflower seeds, since they are used on an industrial scale for frying, obtaining sunflower oil, as well as in confectionery (halva, kozinaki). Therefore, you can get valuable raw materials by self-germination of sunflower on microgreens.
It is quite simple to do this at home. The instruction is as follows:
- The purchased raw seeds are thoroughly washed under running water. It is necessary to ensure that the flowing liquid is clean.
- Transfer them to a plastic container or glass jar. It is not necessary to fill it up to the top, because the seedlings increase significantly in volume.
- Pre-settled water is poured and drained completely after 2 hours.
- Then you do not need to fill with water - just spray it 2 times a day. Close the container with a lid, in which you must first make several holes.
- When seedlings up to 3-4 cm long appear (approximately in a week), eat them as soon as possible. The maximum shelf life is 1 week.
Rules for the use of sprouted sunflower seeds
Sprouts can be consumed in their pure form, but it is better to add them to the following dishes:
- various soups, including cold ones;
- salads and cold snacks;
- dry breakfasts.
It is better to put them at the very end of cooking, without additional heating. Otherwise, the beneficial properties are partially lost, for example, vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant, is destroyed.
The use of sunflower sprouts in traditional medicine
The beneficial properties of seedlings are used in alternative medicine. Microgreens are recommended to be consumed daily in small doses. This will help prevent the development of vitamin deficiency, cardiovascular diseases.
Sunflower sprouts are consumed 2-3 times a day (in total, no more than 80-100 g, i.e. no more than 4-5 tbsp. L.). One of the easiest and most delicious options is to put the sprouts in a salad. Components can be anything, for example, a "summer" recipe:
- 2 small young zucchini;
- 3-4 radishes;
- 80 g seed sprouts;
- some parsley and cilantro;
- 100 g leeks;
- a spoonful of sunflower oil;
- iodized or sea salt.
Sunflower seedlings are easy to obtain at home. They can be used regularly, in courses (for example, for 1-2 months) or periodically added to food, as new shoots appear. This is one of the most affordable ways to replenish the lack of unsaturated fatty acids, selenium and other useful components in the body.
Reviews of sunflower microgreens