- 1 How moon phases affect plant growth and yield
- 2 Gardener lunar calendar for March 2021
- 3 Gardener lunar calendar for March 2021
- 4 Lunar calendar for sowing seedlings for March 2021
- 5 Gardener's lunar calendar for March 2021
- 6 Conclusion
In the first month of spring, gardeners and gardeners will be able not only to plant the seeds of almost all vegetables, but also to care for the grown seedlings on the windowsill or in a closed greenhouse. The correct date of events will help to set the gardener's lunar calendar for March 2021.
You can plant seeds and care for seedlings on certain days of the lunar calendar.
How moon phases affect plant growth and yield
The phase of the moon is called the periodic change in the appearance of the part of the satellite illuminated by the sun from the surface of the Earth. For a full cycle, which lasts 29.5 solar days, the moon goes through four phases, either moving away from the surface of the planet, then approaching it, while it affects the growth and development of plants in different ways:
- New moon and full moon. This is a transitional period from decreasing to increasing (and, vice versa), during which plant organisms are in a state of rest and therefore do not respond in the best way to any human intervention. At this time, it is better to abandon all gardening work, the only exception can be the removal of weeds and tying.
- Waxing Crescent. At this time, juices and energy move in the direction from the roots to the tops. This is a good time to plant in containers and open ground for crops that ripen above soil level. Garden plants are fed on the growing moon, they are engaged in cuttings, as well as grafting of trees and berry bushes.
- Waning moon. The movement of juices and energy occurs in the opposite direction, that is, from top to bottom. This is the ideal time to plant plants that are below the soil level. On the waning moon, it is recommended to fight weeds and pests.
Gardener lunar calendar for March 2021
In March 2021, the moon waning period will continue from 1 to 12 and from 29 to 31. At this time, you can start planting root crops and bulbous crops. The waxing moon phase will begin on March 14th and end on March 27th. At this time, gardeners can sow seeds of tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, cabbage and onions on a feather. The new moon this month is on March 13th and the full moon on March 28th. For this period, it is better to refrain from gardening work.
The lunar calendar is always compiled taking into account the phases of the heavenly body.
Gardener lunar calendar for March 2021
Owners of closed greenhouses will not be bored in March. In the first month of spring, almost all vegetable crops can be planted.
March 17, 18, 22 and 23 are favorable dates for sowing cucumbers, zucchini, zucchini, pumpkin in the greenhouse, as well as planting seedlings of eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers. If you cannot sow these vegetables on the indicated dates, you can do it on the 3rd, 4th, 30th or 31st. On the same days and, in addition, on March 1 and 2, when the moon is in Libra (a sign of average fertility), you can plant seedlings of all varieties of cabbage.
On the 3rd and 4th, as well as on the 30th and 31st, when the heavenly body enters the constellation of the fertile Scorpio, it's time to sow root crops in the greenhouse - daikon, radishes, beets, carrots, root parsley and celery. Less successful, from the point of view of the compilers of the lunar calendar, but allowed for planting these crops will be the period of March 5-11.
From 19 to 21, you can plant legumes in the greenhouse.
On the 5th and 6th of this month, the moon will move to the constellation of the less productive Sagittarius. However, these days you can plant leeks, parsley, dill and herbs for distillation. This can also be done from 15 to 26 March.
March 17 and 18, as well as March 22 and 23 are good days for laying out potatoes for sprouting.
The work schedule for caring for vegetable crops looks like this:
- Weeding the beds and thinning the seedlings can be done on March 1, 2, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16 and 29.
- It is recommended to dive seedlings on the 1st, 2nd and 29th, but in the period from 9 to 11 and from 17 to 21 March it is not recommended to work with roots. In addition, 5, 6, 24 and 25 cannot be pinned or pinched plants.
- You can loosen the soil on March 1, 2, 9-11, 15, 16, 19-21, 24, 25 and 29, and dates 17 and 18 are considered unfavorable for this event.
- It is better to remove weeds on 1, 2 and in the period from March 9 to 11.
- The gardeners will be engaged in feeding on the 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 17th and 18th (at this time, it is recommended to apply mineral fertilizers), and then on March 22 and 23, when the time comes for the introduction of organic matter. 9-11, 24 and 25 are not recommended to fertilize plants.
- Watering the plantings is also not possible every day. The ideal dates for soil moisture are March 1, 2, 17, 18, 22-26. The days prohibited by the lunar calendar are 12, 13, 14, 27, 28, 29 of this month.
- On March 1, 4, 7, 8, 22 and 23, gardeners can soak vegetable seeds for sowing, but on 9-11 it is better not to do this.
- It makes sense to mulch the soil in the root area and huddle the plants on March 10, 11, 15 and 16.
- The creators of the lunar calendar recommend planning the fight against diseases and pests for March 15, 16, 19, 20 or 21. On the first two days of the month, as well as on the 22nd, 23rd and 29th, it is better to stop using pesticides.
There is less work in the vegetable garden in early spring than in a heated greenhouse. During the waning of the moon, it makes sense to prepare the earth for the landing season.
If the weather permits, gardeners from March 4 to March 13 can dig up the beds and add organic matter, and on the 30th and 31st, they can replenish the reserves of minerals in the soil. In the southern regions, at the end of the month (30 and 31), it will be possible to plant spring garlic in the garden.
Lunar calendar for sowing seedlings for March 2021
To get a good harvest of vegetables, you need to plant them on certain days of the lunar calendar. Astrologers have drawn up a plan for sowing seedlings for March.
The following are considered successful according to the lunar calendar in the current month:
- tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and cabbage - 15-18, 22-24;
- onions - 1-9, 30-3.
Astrologers have identified not the most successful days for planting seeds for seedlings:
- tomatoes, peppers, eggplants and cabbage - 1-14, 27-31;
- onions - 12-26, 27-29.
Gardener's lunar calendar for March 2021
Workers of personal plots in March will not be bored either. On the 5th, 6th, 24th and 25th of the month, you can start pest control with trapping belts. In the southern regions and in others, if the air temperature does not drop below +5 ° C, it makes sense to treat trees and shrubs with special preparations against pests.
Whitewashing tree boles, which will help protect crops from sunburn and destroy the larvae of harmful insects that have overwintered in the bark, is permissible in good weather at any time of the year.In March, the creators of the lunar calendar advise doing this on the 5th, 6th, 17th and 18th. On the same days, you can clean up and treat the wounds on the trees with garden pitch.
Astrologers recommend applying mineral fertilizers to the soil on March 22 or 23, and organic fertilizers on the 3rd, 4th, 30th or 31st of this month. Compost and rotted cow dung are used as the latter.
In the southern regions of the country in March, gardeners root seedlings of fruit trees and shrubs. Favorable for this will be 30 and 31. On the same days, you can plant currants and gooseberries.
Pruning trees in March according to the lunar calendar
If someone didn't have time to cut dry and damaged tree branches in February, it's time to do this March.
1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15 and 16, growers will remove young growth and perform sanitary pruning. 28 and 29 you can clean not only trees, but also shrubs.
Formative pruning according to the lunar calendar is best done in the second half of the month. Astrologers named 17, 18, 22 and 23 March as the most suitable days for this event.
Cuttings, vaccinations in March according to the lunar calendar in March 2021
If trees and shrubs are grafted and grafted on certain days of the lunar calendar, they will quickly adapt to new conditions and begin to gain vegetative mass. Moreover, such crops will be less susceptible to common diseases. Experts recommend that gardeners be engaged in grafting fruit trees on March 3, 4, 7, 8, 17, 18, 22, 23, 30 or 31.
It is advisable not to plant crops 1, 2 and 29, but these days are best suited for harvesting cuttings. Cutting can also be done on March 3, 4, 7, 8, 17, 18.
The gardener's lunar calendar for March 2021 is the work schedule recommended by astrologers for gardeners and agronomists. Planting and grooming according to the phases of the night light will help you grow healthy crops and yield good yields.