Pork loin is an amateur product. Although not everyone accepts pork due to the fat content of this type of meat, the tenderness and juiciness of the loin is not disputed by anyone.
The pig is cut into 12 types of meat. Each part has distinctive features. So, the brisket is known for its fat content, pork tenderloin - the absence of unnecessary impurities, increased softness. The loin, as part of the pig, differs from the rest of the carcass in the following features:
- softness - pork loin, carbonade is softer and juicier after cooking, even without beating, but harder than tenderloin;
- the fat content of carbonates is fatter than pork shank, ham, tenderloin, but less fat than in pork belly, rump, and undersheath;
- the presence of bones - the classic pork loin contains a bone - so easy to verify the authenticity.
A characteristic feature of the piglet's loin is its aroma. Meat of this type is more pleasant, more convenient to prepare due to the absence of the smell inherent in adult boars and adult pigs.
Other features lie in the composition. Nutritional value and nutrients are not unique, but they make pork an essential product. You can replace the loin in the diet with several dishes, vitamins, food additives. However, a taste substitution is not possible.
Composition and value of meat
Eating loin (chop) is healthy. This meat is lean and digestible well. The absence of excess fat and films is especially appreciated. The piece is easy to get rid of the bone. Pork is appreciated in cooking due to the absence of the need to process the product for a long time.
Nutritional value per 100 g of meat:
- protein - 13.7 g;
- carbohydrates - 0 g;
- fats - 36.5 g;
- kilocalories - 384 kcal.
The carbonate as part of the pork carcass is also valuable due to its composition. The beneficial properties depend on the richness of the chemical components. Pork Loin Contains:
- B vitamins;
- vitamin E;
- vitamin H;
- vitamin PP;
Part of the pig carcass is a healthy product, but the loin cannot be called dietary. The fat content is too high for those who are losing weight. The main value is richness in vitamins, microelements, macronutrients, easy digestibility of protein. Vitamins have a positive effect on:
- hematopoiesis (lack of B5 leads to a violation of the formation of hemoglobin);
- skin (lack of PP causes skin problems).
Lack of phosphorus can lead to the development of anemia, anorexia, rickets (therefore, it is important for vegetarians to take dietary supplements). Zinc is good for the liver, sexual function. During pregnancy, a deficiency of the element leads to fetal developmental disorders.
Where is the loin of a pig
See where the loin is on the pig's carcass, mono on any diagram, the photo will help with this. The location of this type of meat is the pork loin, between the neck and the ham. A part is cut out along with the ribs. As a result, pork ribs, chop, and loin are often confused. The latter is cut closer to the spine.
Pork loin is always with a bone; meat is identified precisely by this feature. Otherwise, it is likely to get a pork tenderloin, part of a ham, or other areas. Buying a prepackaged product is risky - you can get meat of inadequate quality. Market meat is selected precisely - some manage to find a seller with an uncut carcass and ask for the desired piece.
What part of the pork carcass is carbonate
The carbonate is in the same place as the pig's loin, but the word “carbonate” is missing from the photo. There are several reasons:
- the correct name is "carbonade", "carbonate" is a colloquial form, in fact, this word means a chemical compound;
- this type of pork meat is a loin free of bones and fat, in other words, a high-quality part of the carcass;
- carbonade is more often called ready-made smoked meats.
The composition, calorie content, taste of pork carbonade and loin differ slightly. Carbonate should not contain fat, therefore, meat is less high-calorie, contains slightly less trace elements. Differences in taste are noticeable only for rare gourmets. The cooked loin and chop only differ if they are different dishes.
How to choose and store loin and chop correctly
Choosing the right meat and storing it is an important skill. A poor-quality piece will make the dish not good enough, too long storage with violations will lead to spoilage of the product.
- The smell of raw meat should be free of unpleasant notes. An adult pig just smells of meat, a piglet a little milk. A boar will give an unpleasant "aroma" when cooking, you can only check a boar or a pig on the market - they heat a needle over a lighter, pierce the loin. A specific smell has appeared - it is not recommended to take it.
- The color is only uniform. Bruises, irregularities are a sign of product deterioration. The shade should be even pink, red. Dark shades indicate an older pig.
- Lack of dyes - if you touch a piece with a paper napkin, there should be no stains or streaks.
- Presence of bone - remnants of ribs in a piece are preferred. The lack of bone makes it difficult to determine whether a carb is in front of a person or not.
- There should be a little fat, always white. If it is yellow, this is a sign of the pig's old age. The piece will turn out to be hard, possibly sinewy, and an unpleasant odor is likely.
- Fresh meat restores its shape after pressing. Dents remain - the product is expired. The only option is to cook it right away, use it immediately. However, this is not recommended.
It is necessary to store pork meat in the freezer, pre-soaked with napkins, wrapped in foil. It is permissible to store non-frozen chop:
Meat should be stored for no more than a month without freezing. When the expiration date is indicated on the packaging, it is important to observe it by not consuming the carb after the agreed date. Be sure to read the label before purchasing.
What can be cooked from pork loin
The loin is suitable for making:
- boiled pork;
- roast with vegetables;
- minced meat;
- meat soup;
- smoked meats.
Due to its softness, the loin does not need to be marinated for a long time (in vinegar, wine, fermented milk products, fruit juice), beating is minimal. This pork is paired with:
- dough (pie filling);
- rice, pasta.
Minced meat cutlets are softer, more tender, and require minimal additions. A prerequisite is the removal of bone and fat. Cooking the loin as part of a pig carcass has little difference from cooking carb.
What is made from carbonade
There are few differences with the previous species.The difference is in the absence of bone and fat. Carbonate is used for:
- frying (chops, escalops);
- boiled pork.
Among the recipes for dishes are:
- honey baked chop;
- pork chop in wine;
- baked chop in foil;
- carbonade fried and baked without foil.
Pork chops are also added to soups. Due to the lack of bone, the broth is less concentrated; pieces of meat must be chopped finely, fried with onions, carrots. The pork chop added at the end of the soup gives a mild meaty flavor. The carbonate is seasoned with garlic, spices, herbs, sour, sweet sauces.
Correctly chosen pork loin is an addition to the everyday and festive table. It is easier to prepare a delicious meal when the meat is well cut.